Thread: Is NZQA of bachelor required if only claim points for NZ postgraduate qualification?

Default Is NZQA of bachelor required if only claim points for NZ postgraduate qualification?

Hi everyone,

Just got my ITA last week, my question is do I need to submit my NZQA for my bachelor qualification (which is not in the exempt list)? What I claimed for points are really simple:
    Skilled employment: 50;
    Level 8 qualification: 50;
    One year study in NZ for postgraduate diploma: 10;

I checked my ITA letter, it just mention "Original or certified copies of your qualification certificate and academic transcript". So has anyone been in the similar scenario? Any suggestions is appreciated!

Thanks!

Is your bachelor qualification the Level 8 one you are counting in?

Hi JandM,

Nope, the level 8 one for counting in is my Postgraduate Diploma from AUT. That's the only qualification I used for claiming points. My bachelor qualification (should be level 7 if in NZQA I think) has nothing to do any points in my EOI. So in this case, do I need to submit the documents for my bachelor or PGD is enough? My guessing is documents are required only if when they are used for supporting points claimed (although when submitting EOI INZ said "if claim points with postgraduate qualification please list your undergraduate qualification as well")? Got quite confused now...

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Li View Post
    Hi JandM,

Nope, the level 8 one for counting in is my Postgraduate Diploma from AUT. That's the only qualification I used for claiming points. My bachelor qualification (should be level 7 if in NZQA I think) has nothing to do any points in my EOI. So in this case, do I need to submit the documents for my bachelor or PGD is enough? My guessing is documents are required only if when they are used for supporting points claimed (although when submitting EOI INZ said "if claim points with postgraduate qualification please list your undergraduate qualification as well")? Got quite confused now...
    Li, did you apply the ITA ? how long did it take to get ITA...i claimed same to same points like you have claimed...did you get NZQA for bachelor? i think we dont need it...what you say?.

Sorry, Jasper Li, I somehow missed seeing your reply until now.

I think you need to list your bachelor's, but that you're right and you don't need an IQA for it, as it's irrelevant to what you're claiming.

Quote Originally Posted by coolnicewise View Post
    Li, did you apply the ITA ? how long did it take to get ITA...i claimed same to same points like you have claimed...did you get NZQA for bachelor? i think we dont need it...what you say?.
    Hi Coolnicewise,

Sorry I just saw your post, got tied up with work those days...

No, I didn't get my NZQA for bachelor. Like what JandM and Karen suggested, since we don't claim any bonus points, bachelor should be irrelevant in our case. My application has been received by INZ several weeks ago, so I guess so far the documents I provided are sufficient to them.

My timeline is like below:
    2015/08/07 EOI Submitted
    2015/08/19 EOI Selected
    2015/08/28 ITA Received
    2015/09/07 ITA Submitted
    2015/09/08 ITA Lodgement
    2015/09/10 Application Received
    2015/09/14 Confirmation letter received

Good luck to your ITA!

Cheers
    Jasper

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Li View Post
    Hi Coolnicewise,

Sorry I just saw your post, got tied up with work those days...

No, I didn't get my NZQA for bachelor. Like what JandM and Karen suggested, since we don't claim any bonus points, bachelor should be irrelevant in our case. My application has been received by INZ several weeks ago, so I guess so far the documents I provided are sufficient to them.

My timeline is like below:
    2015/08/07 EOI Submitted
    2015/08/19 EOI Selected
    2015/08/28 ITA Received
    2015/09/07 ITA Submitted
    2015/09/08 ITA Lodgement
    2015/09/10 Application Received
    2015/09/14 Confirmation letter received

Good luck to your ITA!

Cheers
    Jasper
    thank you..keep on posting here..i have similar case like you..if you can share your email with me..i am compiling ITA documents..your input will be highly appreciable..