Thread: Dress Code for meeting recruiters

Default Dress Code for meeting recruiters

Is there any dress code(formal) to be followed in NZ while meeting recruiters. I am visiting NZ in second week of Sep and lined up few appointments with recruiters in Auckland. i dont plan to bring any formal dress as it is a personal trip.

Formal shirt, trouser, shoes and a coat would do, just make sure some of the agencies are particular in the way you dress up (few may take it easy). It will be slightly cold so you can get one all purpose coat and take it off during interview. I would suggest check the weather report but be vary it changes overnight in Auckland.

Mostly 'Business Casual' but if you are going through an agency, they should give you a heads-up on the company policy for a prospective employer.

In the building where we are located in Auckland CBD, most men don't wear ties but there are a few who do (probably just through choice).

The only real exception that I have come across is Car Dealers and associated firms - they do tend to dress more formally with tie for men.

Thanks Chaps.. I am gonna visit only the agency/recruiting agency and not the real real interview with prospective employer..i ll stick to business casuals for now.

Quote Originally Posted by nms.sun3 View Post
    Thanks Chaps.. I am gonna visit only the agency/recruiting agency and not the real real interview with prospective employer..i ll stick to business casuals for now.
    First impressions count. What would you wear at home? Better to be overdressed than underdressed. Recruiters will be forming an opinion of you too so you'll want to impress them too. They are the ones to put you forward for jobs.
    Good luck!

Its business casual if I m meeting the prospective employer @ their office and we dont meet up with recruiters in person here in Singapore. most of our discussions happen via phone or email. i ll pack two pairs of business casual dress to be on the safe side.