Thread: Late night auckland airport to hamilton tranfer

Default Late night auckland airport to hamilton tranfer

Parents arriving at Auckland airport about midnight . They need to reach Hamilton, where i will be based.

I am a bit reluctant to drive in the night ( is it safe to drive this route at this time?)

Could someone suggest another option like a taxi or something tht will be safe . And how much would it cost ?

Any quick inputs would help. Else i will need to change iteniary .

Cheers

Hi harmon,

Have you looked at intercity busses? We have had friends travel by using this service when I was heavily pregnant and did not want to drive that way and my husband was busy on the farm so they got the bus which was great - their website is http://www.intercity.co.nz

I did ...but i worry tht it allows limited luggage allowance, while the flight allows 30 kg , this bus service allows 25 kg.
    Are they too fussy about it ?

Is taxi ( airport to home) an option from safety point of view ?

Cheers

Try these guys : http://www.roadcat.co.nz

They drop passengers at their door so the length of the journey varies depending on where everyone needs dropping off. When we've used it, it's been quite direct apart from once when it went from Auckland to Hamilton then TE Aroha before coming back to Cambridge,

FWIW, the Hamilton to Auckland airport drive is perfectly safe in the middle of the night. It only an hour and a half from Hams and it's not possible to get lost. Spare your parents the wait and hassle of airport shuttles etc - it's lovely to meet rellies as they come through the airport and very lovely for them after a long flight.

I would drive. Easy drive and later at night minimal traffic. I agree, pick them up..

Thanks everyone .., this forum is a blessing ❤️

Good luck with whatever you decide and I have to agree with everyone that meeting family members at arrivals is a lovely greeting after a long flight!!