Thread: ITA :: Is passport required to be sent initially? Need passport often for travel

Default ITA :: Is passport required to be sent initially? Need passport often for travel

Dear everyone,

I am yet to file EOI, and ITA.

I would like to know if I need to send original passport when I lodge ITA.
    The reason is that I need passport for traveling once I lodge ITA.

My plan is : Lodge ITA mid October 2015. I need passport by the end of November to first week of January 2016 ( 1 month approximately)

I am already in a foreign country, and would need passport often.
    How long does INZ keep the passport with them during the entire visa process?

I know that passport should be sent for blue sticker on AIP.

Any response is appreciated.

Thank a ton!
    Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by joshi_6in View Post
    Dear everyone,

I am yet to file EOI, and ITA.

I would like to know if I need to send original passport when I lodge ITA.
    The reason is that I need passport for traveling once I lodge ITA.

My plan is : Lodge ITA mid October 2015. I need passport by the end of November to first week of January 2016 ( 1 month approximately)

I am already in a foreign country, and would need passport often.
    How long does INZ keep the passport with them during the entire visa process?

I know that passport should be sent for blue sticker on AIP.

Any response is appreciated.

Thank a ton!
    Thomas
    Certified copies of the passport is acceptable. The copies of the passports would have to be certified by persons authorized to do so e.g Notary subject. This is usually stated in the ITA letter

Thank you.

Did you send your original passport or certified copy?

Once ITA is lodged and documents are sent to INZ, how long do they take it to return the documents ?

Thank you.

Once ITA is lodged and documents are sent to INZ, how long do they take it to return the documents ?
    I sent certified copies of my passports and they accepted it and lodged my application. I sent virtually all my documents as certified copies except photographs.

Thank you.

I sent certified copies. They usually keep the documents until a decision is reached on your application (ie when you get the visa or get rejected). This duration depends on the type of visa you apply. For SMC, it usually takes 6-12 months.

In case you need the documents earlier, just drop an email to your CO or your immigration office contact address and they will return your original documents.

Great to know these details

Thank you comrades!

Quote Originally Posted by r1c1 View Post
    I sent certified copies. They usually keep the documents until a decision is reached on your application (ie when you get the visa or get rejected). This duration depends on the type of visa you apply. For SMC, it usually takes 6-12 months.

In case you need the documents earlier, just drop an email to your CO or your immigration office contact address and they will return your original documents.

You don't need to send original passport for ITA. As others said only certified copies are required. When AIP, CO will tell you where to send them.

Processing times varies widely between offices. It even depends on the documentation you provided during the ITA. Just check on inz website for the times.

All the very best

Thanks a lot Raju. Now I am very clear

Quote Originally Posted by Raju View Post
    You don't need to send original passport for ITA. As others said only certified copies are required. When AIP, CO will tell you where to send them.

Processing times varies widely between offices. It even depends on the documentation you provided during the ITA. Just check on inz website for the times.

All the very best