Thread: Bringing a cat from Australia - transport company recommendations

Default Bringing a cat from Australia - transport company recommendations

We are planning to move to Wellington from Australia next year, and have been getting information about bringing our cat over from the two companies that seem to be the most often used: Jetpets and Dogtainers. Since this topic hasn't been raised for more than a year here, I thought I would see if anyone has any stories positive or negative that they wish to share.

Jetpets are substantially dearer than Dogtainers ($2100 vs $1300) but we wouldn't mind paying the extra if she gets better, safer treatment.

Thanks in advance

You get what you pay for djep, and when it comes to your pets I'm sure you'd want them to handled with the utmost care. I haven't used either Jetpets or Dogtainers, but I would read up on some impartial reviews before you book.

We've decided to go with the more expensive option - Jetpets - partly because of the very friendly and warm customer service person who spent ages on the phone talking me through the process, and partly because the two vets I have spoken to and our removalists have all mentioned only Jetpets. I trust we will remain as happy once the move happens.

The extra cost is partly down to their facility in Sydney, and also the pickup in Wellington which is done by their agent, who knows the customs people and the process, rather than us fronting up in blissful ignorance, hanging around, not sure what to do next.