Thread: ITA Submission - Clarification on Birth Certificate - India

Default ITA Submission - Clarification on Birth Certificate - India

Hi All,

I'm currently in Singapore and we need to submit our ITA before 29th Sep 2015.
    However, we still haven't sorted out my partner's birth certificate issue.

Have read through log of posts however, still we need further clarity on how INZ will accept the birth certificate.

In her original birth certificate, her name is not included and her father's name is not with full name.

My partner's father prepared an affidavit and submitted the same to the Issuing Authority with all relevant details including partner's name and parent's full name.

However, the issuing authority issued a new birth certificate by including only my partner's name. They verbally informed us stating they cannot make any changes to parent's name due to their records, at the time of registration.

So now we are in the process of preparing an sworn affidavit from her parent's with all information (Partner's date of birth, place of birth and full name and Parent's full name).

In all her education related documents, her father's name is in full.

Will this be enough as a proof of birth certificate or is there any other document we could submit?

Thank in advance.

Could anyone clarify me on this?
    Thanks.

Hello!

The local council should be able to amend the Register to reflect the name changes if the parents make a statutory statement.

If the officer has limited knowledge on amendment, it is good to make them aware that they can amend the Register to reflect correct names as there's statutory declaration which forms a legal document.

Hope this helps.

****This is my opinion only and nothing else ****

I think you have done all that you can here. You are not alone in having a problem like this. There are two issues about which INZ needs to be satisfied. One is that she is who she says she is and the other is that she is the age she says she is. The only other document that Indian clients have been requested to send is a letter from the school attended stating that s/he started school in x year etc. With all that you have so far and the documents you are awaiting, I would submit the ITA and if INZ needs anything further they will ask for it. Make sure you don't miss that deadline! Good luck.

Hi Karen and My New Zealand, thanks for the response.

Karen, Thanks for the advice and that's really nice of you in clarifying this. I will be submitting the affidavit with all of my partner's birth certificates.