Thread: Short term accommodation

Question Short term accommodation

Hi there

We are looking for short term accommodation on a month to month basis. Preferably 2 bedrooms not too far from Auckland CBD. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I stayed a couple of nights in the CBD when I arrived as I didn't I didn't have a car or an knowledge of the suburbs. There are a range of hotels to suit most budgets in the CDB, just check https://www.wotif.co.nz/Hotels to find something.

Once you have your own transport, you might want to look at areas that you're comfortable to commute from and this website might help http://affordability.org.nz/

Try bookabach.co.nz and trademe.co.nz. They have a wide range of options at a wide range of prices. Many have weekly or monthly rates.

I stayed in the Waldorf St Martin for 3 weeks when I first arrived in September 2012. A 2BR apartment was only $8 more per night. Room was serviced daily (linens changed 2x/ week). 2 decent sized bedrooms, a smallish lounge and a kitchen with oven, 2 hobs, small fridge. Bathroom was shower only and washing machine, but reception gave free tokens for the dryer in the basement laundry room.

Location is great: 2 minutes to K Road and Symonds Street. Lovely stroll down into the CBD in 10-15; more strenuous stroll back up the hill in the evening. 15 minutes on the bus to a Countdown or New World supermarket, but a decent Asian supermarket on K Road itself.

Quote Originally Posted by jawnbc View Post
    I stayed in the Waldorf St Martin for 3 weeks when I first arrived in September 2012. A 2BR apartment was only $8 more per night. Room was serviced daily (linens changed 2x/ week). 2 decent sized bedrooms, a smallish lounge and a kitchen with oven, 2 hobs, small fridge. Bathroom was shower only and washing machine, but reception gave free tokens for the dryer in the basement laundry room.

Location is great: 2 minutes to K Road and Symonds Street. Lovely stroll down into the CBD in 10-15; more strenuous stroll back up the hill in the evening. 15 minutes on the bus to a Countdown or New World supermarket, but a decent Asian supermarket on K Road itself.
    Most of the amenities provided at Waldorf has changed recently. Everything has changed except the location & price when i stayed in Sep 2015.

Cost ~ 140 NZD per night for 2BR (Corporate Rates + booked 6 months ago)
    Free room service including change of linens - only once a week. If you need it to be serviced daily then it costs extra ~ 50 NZD
    No washing machine/dryer in the room. They have common washer/dryer at ground floor.

if you have a small family then it is better to book a 1BR apartment as the bed room & lounge was quite spacious than 2 BR apartment + a King size bed

++ You have to pay for Wifi which was a surprise to me coming from asia