Thread: Resident Visa Approved

Default Resident Visa Approved

My residency visa got approved last week.
    I would like to thank Jandm & sun777 in providing valuable feedback to my question.
    My has visa has got standard 2 years travel condition in which I have to complete 183 days in nz in a year.
    I wanted to know if 183 days in a year has to be continues or i can travel as many times as long as i have stayed 183 days in NZ.

Congratulations!

That minimum of 184 days (not 183) in NZ in each of two 12-month periods is to qualify for Permanent Residence. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...quirements.htm It is a total of that many days, and does not have to be all at once.

Hi JandM,

To obtain PR in NZ, is it enough to full fill only this condition of staying 184 days in every 12 months for 2 years ? How about Tax payments ?

Why I am asking is, do we actually need to do a full time job during this time period ? in case if we cant secure a job, the part time jobs also counted for this condition ?

Congratulations Roger.

As per my understanding, you can do anything with your SMC visa (assuming that is what you have). So you can have part-time gigs / contract roles and will still qualify for PR.

All the best.

Look at the link I gave you in my last post. You HAVE to fulfil the conditions in the top section, then just ONE of the conditions in the lower section, in order to get PR. If you choose the first of the lower set of conditions, then presence in the country as specified is the ONLY criterion. On a Residence visa, you have the right to be employed at anything (doesn't have to be a skilled job, or full-time), do nothing if you could afford it, run your own business, or be a student at domestic rates (only you couldn't get a NZ government student loan till you had been a resident for 3 years).

As you will see, SOME of the other conditions in the lower part involve paying tax, but you don't have to pay attention to those if you are going for the first condition.

Yaaaaaay - Congratulations

Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Look at the link I gave you in my last post. You HAVE to fulfil the conditions in the top section, then just ONE of the conditions in the lower section, in order to get PR. If you choose the first of the lower set of conditions, then presence in the country as specified is the ONLY criterion. On a Residence visa, you have the right to be employed at anything (doesn't have to be a skilled job, or full-time), do nothing if you could afford it, run your own business, or be a student at domestic rates (only you couldn't get a NZ government student loan till you had been a resident for 3 years).

As you will see, SOME of the other conditions in the lower part involve paying tax, but you don't have to pay attention to those if you are going for the first condition.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by r1c1 View Post
    Congratulations Roger.

As per my understanding, you can do anything with your SMC visa (assuming that is what you have). So you can have part-time gigs / contract roles and will still qualify for PR.

All the best.

Thanks for your wishes.

Congrats Randy

Congrats!!!