Thread: Partnership Based Work Visa, "Bonafide" Concern

Default Partnership Based Work Visa, "Bonafide" Concern

Hi all,

First of all I would like to thank all the people who have helped me with answers to me previous questions on this forum, now after reading some more threads I have a concern about something that happened to another member on here which I think may possibly happen to my partner and I.

My partner and I have not lived together but would like to spend our future in NZ, she is Armenian so has to apply for in visas in the Moscow branch, we applied for a visitor visa so she could come and live with me so we could gather evidence of living together for a partnership visa.

Unfortunately her visitor visa was declined as she did not meet the "Bonafide" requirements, as she stated she did not intend a temporary stay in NZ (we told them we wanted to gather evidence of partnership and then apply for a partnership visa) and that she did not have enough ties to return home, such as a job or dependent children etc, but our CO offered a limited visa for 5 months as an alternative which we took.

So our next step is to gather evidence of partnership so when her limited visa expires she can go home and apply for a partnership based work visa but my concern is they may still consider her not "Bonafide" for a partnership based work visa since they considered her not Bonafide for the first visitor visa. I read a new thread on this site from an Indian man saying his partnership based visitor visa was declined as they told him he did not have enough ties in his home country to return.

My questions if anyone can help me are as follows:

Does my partner need to have ties to her home country to be eligible for a partnership based work visa?

Anyone who has applied for a partnership based work visa, did you have to provide proof of ties to your home country?

On the partnership based work visa form where it asks if she has been declined before, do we need to say yes as our CO said her visitor visa has been declined? because she offered and granted a limited visa as an alternative

HI, for the visa not many evidence required. If she lived with you while she was in NZ had any joint bills, house agreement and photos she will get one. I had my visa even i just started living together with my partner like 2-3 weeks.

Does my partner need to have ties to her home country to be eligible for a partnership based work visa?
    No. The requirement for ties in the home country is when someone is applying for a VISITOR's visa, as by definition, a visitor will make a limited stay and then leave NZ. (That was why your partner's first visitor's visa was refused - she wasn't wanting to leave again. And the Indian man whose thread you have seen was also applying for a visitor's visa.)
    On the partnership based work visa form where it asks if she has been declined before, do we need to say yes as our CO said her visitor visa has been declined? because she offered and granted a limited visa as an alternative
    Yes, in your place I would say exactly that - if you reply that you have been declined, you have to give details, and your partner's details of the situation will include that she was offered, and accepted, and complied with the terms of, the limited visa in place of the visitor's visa she had asked for.

Thanks for your answer J&M, I see what you mean about visitor visas being for people who intend to make a limited stay and then return home, but I also see the partnership based work visa is also a temporary one as it is a "Partnership based temporary work visa", so my concern is that since it is a temporary visa that she would have to show ties to her home country to get this work visa, and since she did not have enough significant ties to her home country to be considered bonafide for her first visa she may still be considered not bonafide for the next visa we will apply for (partnership based work visa)??

I am also guessing when they pull up her file when we apply for the work visa it will say she does not have significant ties to her home country as this was the reason her visitor visa was declined, which may raise a red flag for them when they are looking at her work visa application.
    Last edited by David12345; 8th September 2015 at 07:47 AM.

Hi there, thank you for your answer, however it is meant not so much as a question of how much evidence is required, but if some of the evidence required is things that she shows she has significant ties to her home country as the partnership based work visa is a temporary one so they would like to know she would go back at the end of that visa if she did not get another one while in NZ

ALL work visas are classed as 'temporary' - it's only residence that gives the right to live in NZ permanently. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/work/ See there?

Your own visa is temporary. If your partner is granted her partner-sponsored temporary work visa, it will be dependent upon yours for length of time - hers will run out when yours does. If you get a further visa, she will be eligible to get one also.

See here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...milystream.htm the list of what INZ need to be convinced of, as qualification for a partner-sponsored temporary work visa. There is, as you will see, NO requirement for proof that someone will go back. The whole point of a live-in partnership is that the couple will be making their home TOGETHER.

I can understand that you are anxious, but in this case, you are inventing something to be anxious about, which is not really there at all.

Thank you J&M, your help is priceless!

The comment i Left saying:

"Hi there, thank you for your answer, however it is meant not so much as a question of how much evidence is required, but if some of the evidence required is things that she shows she has significant ties to her home country as the partnership based work visa is a temporary one so they would like to know she would go back at the end of that visa if she did not get another one while in NZ"

Was actually supposed to be a reply to the other answer i got from "vik0404" as he/she seemed to think i was asking what evidence i should provide of partnership.