Thread: expression of interest

Post expression of interest

hi
    jitu here , now i working as a Indian chef in Auckland since one year . i was worked in India as a cook , so can i claim point reveled work experience category , and my English is poor , can i apply smc residency application.

Hello.

It is hard to be certain. You have not told us very much.

About your English, because you have worked in NZ in a skilled job for one year, you should not need to show an IELTS certificate. Working in NZ is your proof of English.

Apart from that fact, I will try to give you some half-guess answers, from what you have said, and also some 'if' ideas.

I am looking at the skills checker here http://skillshortages.immigration.govt.nz/chef/ for Chef, at what it says if you click on the green bars.

What qualification do you have?

When you worked in India, did you take charge of the whole kitchen, like it says here for Chef? http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@....OUP+3513+Chefs (It does not matter if they called you cook, if you did the work of a chef.) If you did not take charge, like it says, your work experience will not count as being a chef.

You need two years' experience as a chef to get 10 points for work experience on the EOI. If you have a qualification, like they say, then you can get another 10 bonus points for those two years' work experience.

thanks for reply , Current i working in Indian restaurant as a chef , i have job offer letter and job contract document , any more document need for skilled migration category application by employee. some people say i need financial statement ...
    Last edited by jitu1984; 10th September 2015 at 04:34 PM.