Thread: Proof of funds for Residence

Lightbulb Proof of funds for Residence

Hi All,

I'm going to apply for Skilled Migration Scheme NZ. Can you please let me know how much money do I have show for proof of funds and how long do I need to show the transactions. I'm applying with my wife. Thanks.

H

There is a post here http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....975#post517975, the later part of which explains about the requirement for funds. In general terms, you're being asked to show you could support yourself and your family for two years, in case you could not immediately find work in NZ.

(Incidentally, I've altered the heading on your thread, because the visa you get when you are successful under SMC is Residence. PR is a different visa that you can only apply for after two years spend living with NZ Residence.)

Dear JandM,

Thanks for your quick reply. Still i didn't get a clear answer to the questions. Actually I need to make sure that I can arrange the amount the officer asked to show in my bank account before apply . I'm looking for a number , I couldn't find it the web site.

Ex: In Canada PR they need to show $14,000 for two people. Like wise I would like to know how much for NZ. So that I can prepare .

Thanks again.

H
    Last edited by Haz001; 9th September 2015 at 11:48 PM.

At that link I showed you above, the poster, who is a Licensed Immigration Adviser, advised the questioner, who is speaking for herself and her husband, as follows.
    You are looking at showing you have at least $30,000 NZ for two years.
    The only mention of a specific sum by INZ that I can find is in respect of those granted visitor's visas. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd.../0/INZ1018.pdf See H1 on page 14.

If you have more questions, I suggest you should ask Karen Phillips herself. (Make five posts on any thread, then within about 20 minutes, the forum will automatically switch on your PMing permission.)

Thank you very much my friend .

I think if you have job offer or already working then it wouldn't matter much as long as you are getting regular income. Even if you can show $3000-$4000 (more it is, better it would be) in your accounts after paying residence visa application fees and other expenses related to the application, that would be enough. They may ask you for your latest bank statements. bank statements of 6 months should be enough.