Thread: Another Partner Query

Default Another Partner Query

Hi All,

I have had some really useful advice on here since beginning my SMC Residence application - Just want to seek some validation that the course of action I intend on taking is basically sound.

I have been invited to apply for residence, submitted my EOI from the UK and now in NZ on a working holiday visa with a good job - who are happy to provide all related paperwork to support my residence visa. I originally included my partner on my application and benefitted from the 20 extra points for her qualifications. She is Polish and is from a visa waiver country so does not need a visitor visa.

I have just applied for a essential skills visa to effectively use as a bridging visa - I am not allowed to accept a permanent contract on a working holiday visa but need a permanent contact for the residence visa. Will submit my smc residence visa this week as well.

I decided to remove my partner from my application as she has been living and working from Dubai for the last year and we have only lived together for a total of 1.5yrs out of the 5.5 that we have been together. So from what I read there was no chance of her getting approved on my visa. This would in turn delay me getting my visa by weeks/months.

I will now hopefully get my residence visa in the next few months and my partner will join me on a visitor visa for 3mths. Then I am able to sponsor her when I am a resident.

Does that sounds realistic and plausible to those who have the knowledge or been through a similar situation?

Thanks in advance

Josh

That all sounds as though it makes perfect sense. However, although you remove your partner from the application, make sure you state why you are doing it, and that she IS still your partner, otherwise INZ could assume the relationship has broken up and there could be queries when in due course she is able to join you and you sponsor her.

Thank you JandM. Appreciate the advice.

Also keep all proofs of your communication with her e.g emails, facebook chats, skype calls, texts, phone calls records so that you can use it later on