Thread: Can I throw away all my partnership evidence after I get the residency visa?

Default Can I throw away all my partnership evidence after I get the residency visa?

They are just taking up space now and I want to do a decluttering of the home, but I'm scared INZ may ask for it for whatever reason sometime down the road... Cheers

It should not now be needed for anything else, now you and your partner both have residence. It isn't required for getting PR.

Perhaps its only required if you plan to move again to some other country which has similar requirements

Hi, im also going to apply resident visa starting of next year could you please send me the checklist or evidences you have showed to immigration, that would be appreciated. Thanks.

This can vary a lot with the couple's particular circumstances. Here are lots of old forum threads that should give you plenty to think about. https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof And here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...artnership.htm is a list from INZ themselves.

COs are required to look closely at the last 12 months leading up to the application, so even if you have been living together longer than that, you need to make sure there is some very solid proof that you were at the same home a year before you apply. Then gather all the varied evidence you can - 2 or 3 pieces a week is not too much - for all the time afterwards. And keep collecting after you send in your papers, because it is very common for the CO to ask for more proof just before the visa is issued, to cover the time it has been being processed, so as to be sure not to issue a visa to someone whose relationship has broken up in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    This can vary a lot with the couple's particular circumstances. Here are lots of old forum threads that should give you plenty to think about. https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof And here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...artnership.htm is a list from INZ themselves.

COs are required to look closely at the last 12 months leading up to the application, so even if you have been living together longer than that, you need to make sure there is some very solid proof that you were at the same home a year before you apply. Then gather all the varied evidence you can - 2 or 3 pieces a week is not too much - for all the time afterwards. And keep collecting after you send in your papers, because it is very common for the CO to ask for more proof just before the visa is issued, to cover the time it has been being processed, so as to be sure not to issue a visa to someone whose relationship has broken up in the meantime.
    Hi J&M, Do you mean you recommend collecting 2-3 pieces of evidence per week while living together preparing for a partnership visa application? I am about to start collecting partnership evidence when my partner arrives to NZ (we have very little evidence of our partnership at the moment). I am trying to get her 4-5 letters a month (not easy when she is a visitor) and will do something special each weekend while she is here and document and photograph tat event. So I guess ill be achieving one or two pieces of evidence per week during her 4 month visit. Do you think that will not be enough if you recommend 3-4 pieces of evidence per week?

I don't say what you're suggesting won't be enough, but it's the more the merrier. Overkill is GOOD. Have you looked at the old Partnership Proof threads? - you might get more ideas for things you can do. Memberships, store cards, clubs, tickets for two to events, name her as your next of kin or person to be notified with your employer, doctor, etc., and on your insurance, and get them to print off the record for you...