Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why ITA when job donot match the List???

Default Why ITA when job donot match the List???

I have a big concerns that need your help...

My husband has Master and PhD in Sociology (Study in population) gained in the US.
    His major work since the last 10 years is Population Study.

He is applying under the Long Term Shortage List: Statistician (Fisheries Modeller) 224113. Other than this, they donot provide any other information about the specific work with Fishery Modelling.

His job is falling under Statistician (working on social issues, population and health). However, I donot quite understand why they put Fisheries Modeller in the bracket. Is this only refer to Statistician working on Fisheries issues?

If this is true, why they issue ITA to us after doing the preliminary check on EOI claiming point??? Is this a waste of time and money if the job is not correctly the one listed in the List

I'm looking here http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@....+Statisticians at ANZSCO 224113, and there is no mention of (Fisheries Modeller) at all. I arrived at this from the page for 'Statistician' on the INZ skills checker, here. http://skillshortages.immigration.govt.nz/statistician/

On the ANZSCO page, the 'Tasks include' section near the top is in quite general terms, which apply to all the jobs, Actuary and Mathematician as well as Statistician, if interpreted through the focus of the particular career. He would need to describe his responsibilities in the light of their descriptions, showing that he has to do things which can be said to match up to the items on the listing.

Aha, but now I see where 'Fisheries Modeller' comes in. There is currently a shortage of NZers qualified as Statisticians, to do the work of fisheries modelling. This is particular kind of statistician is therefore on the Long Term Skills Shortage list, which gets an applicant bonus points on their EOI. If he needs the bonus points, he will have to market himself as a Fisheries Modeller. You can see this by clicking on the green bars for 'List of Skilled Occupations' and 'LTSSL' on the INZ skills checker page. Here https://www.google.co.uk/#q=nz+fisheries+modeller are some hits from Google which may help him to see what is involved in the job.

Do you have an agent who is managing the application for him? I'm wondering otherwise how he can have got entered under this heading without his knowledge.

Thank you JandM for looking carefully at our case. We manage to apply by ourselves not through any agent. To my surprise, I donot know why they accept our EOI and issue ITA. My husband is doing exactly what a statistician do, however not in the field of Fisheries modeling. So i really wonder why they issue ITA to us? As of my understanding, when issuing ITA they had to do preliminary check on the information if we have claimed point correctly?

We have spent about 5000$ now for the application. But now then find out that our application could be rejected as job not match (

I have bad feeling about this... Why they release ITA to us when the job is not exactly matching the Long term skill shortage list Did we send 5000$ for the thing that we know cannot be realistic?

Does your husband have the offer of a job in NZ, or are you comparing all this to the job he has at the moment, or has previously had?

We have 155 point w/o job offer in NZ. I am comparing to his job he has over 10 years until now.. It is statistician on demography.

Then INZ have matched his qualification to the ONLY job that he is qualified to do which is currently on the LTSSL list, which gets him the bonus points. They do this for people if they can. If he doesn't go along with saying he is putting himself forward to use his knowledge and experience for that particular purpose, he's unlikely to get Residence. If he is willing to look into the Fisheries modelling option, and make contact with potential employers about that, so he can talk about it at the CO interview, he has a good chance of getting Residence. If he once gets Residence for you both, then you can please yourselves about what kind of work you actually apply for in NZ, because you would be entitled to do anything, skilled or not.

Thank you so much JandM... I see that we can still have a chance now

But then, you mean my husband cannot claim any bonus points for Working experience in an Absolute skill shortage if his experience is only Statistician Demographer (not Statistician Fisheries Modeller)??? Then we cannot have enoigh point (155 like now). I wonder why they issue ITA to us sfter checking our EOI then?

No - look here again. http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@....+Statisticians As I said before, on this ANZSCO page, the 'Tasks include' section near the top is in quite general terms, which apply to all the jobs, Actuary and Mathematician as well as Statistician, if interpreted through the focus of the particular career. He would need to describe his responsibilities in the light of their descriptions, showing that he has to do things which can be said to match up to the items on the listing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast