Thread: Original passport/birth certificate at the time of lodging ITA application

Default Original passport/birth certificate at the time of lodging ITA application

Hi all,

I'm little confused here. Do I need to submit my and my partner's + children's original passports and birth certificates at the time of lodging my ITA application? At different places, I see contradictory statements like original in some, 'original or certified' in other places. I always thought original passport was needed only at the time of visa stamping, post ITA AIP status.

If originals, how soon will they be returned? Does it depend on CO allocation and residence visa approval or does INZ return within a couple of weeks?

Regards,
    laxgr

Hi laxgr

You can send certified copies of any document. Your passports (original) are needed at the stamping time.

If you send originals at the ITA stage, they will be returned to you once a decision is made on your case. This can take several months depending on the current workload at INZ. If you need your original documents earlier, you may write to the respective immigration office and request them to be sent. They will take copies of your originals and return the originals to you.

Quote Originally Posted by laxgr View Post
    Hi all,

I'm little confused here. Do I need to submit my and my partner's + children's original passports and birth certificates at the time of lodging my ITA application? At different places, I see contradictory statements like original in some, 'original or certified' in other places. I always thought original passport was needed only at the time of visa stamping, post ITA AIP status.

If originals, how soon will they be returned? Does it depend on CO allocation and residence visa approval or does INZ return within a couple of weeks?

Regards,
    laxgr
    You Don't have to send original passport with ITA it is illegal in India to send original passport outside country by courier, If your visa approved you have to send your original passport at Delhi or Mumbai INZ branch with help of TT service.
    If possible send original documents, they will returned when you want.i.e within month.(you have to make request for documents to TT service London or allocated CO)

Thank you both nitsam and r1c1!

I'll send certified copies at ITA lodgement stage.

Regards,
    laxgr