Thread: iELT expiry date

Default iELT expiry date

Hi,
    I am going to launch EOI on 15 nov,2015 with 140 pts i have the following queryies

My ielts will expire on 1 feb 2016 become 2 yrs old. Immigration will check the date of ielts at the time of eoi or at the time of ITA.

I will cliam 20 pts for my wife also did she need to give ielts give EOI or we can submit at the time of ITA

IELTS certificates for you and your wife need to be in date at the time of ITA.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizwanvohra View Post
    Hi,
    I am going to launch EOI on 15 nov,2015 with 140 pts i have the following queryies

My ielts will expire on 1 feb 2016 become 2 yrs old. Immigration will check the date of ielts at the time of eoi or at the time of ITA.

I will cliam 20 pts for my wife also did she need to give ielts give EOI or we can submit at the time of ITA

As JandM explained your IELTS needs to be current when you submit ITA. If you are doubtful, I suggest obtaining additional proofs (like a letter from uni stating that your education was in English). Our IELTS was in Feb 2013 and I submitted my ITA docs in June 2015. So I included additional proofs and a covering letter with my application. It seems to work (as I have already been interviewed and the CO did not raise any concerns about our English).

And yes, your spouse needs proof of English (IELTS or other as mentioned in INZ website) if you want to claim bonus points for them.

All the best.