Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: silver fern 2015-2016

Default silver fern 2015-2016

Hi

when is the quota for silver fern visa opening for year 2015?

The latest news I can see so far is that it will be sometime in November. Keep an eye on this page, which is where updates will appear. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra.../jobsearch.htm

Hello!

I have a masters degree in history (academic qualifications awarded by the university I attended are on the list of qualifications exempt from assessment). However I reinvented myself as a network engineer and for the past 7 years I gained various industry standard certifications. My question is whether or not I can use the diploma I have to gain a Silver Fern visa, and upon arriving in NZ pursue a career in networking.

I've been looking at the requirements for the SF PE visa. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...experience.htm It doesn't specifically state that the skilled job you gain would have to be in the skill you put forward and proved in order to get the SF JS visa. This is something I'd be interested to hear the LIAs' opinion on. Karen Phillips? ChrisMwn?

But it does say you would have to meet the generic work visa requirements http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/34388.htm, so you'd need to research whether you can show qualifications or experience that are stated as necessary for a network engineer.

Hi. I am 99% sure that so long as the job you obtain is on the List of Skilled Occupations and you meet the qualification and/or experience for it and the job meets the requirements (e.g. if it is a category C job then salary must be $45,000 NZ etc), then you will be fine. However, you say that your degree is from a university on the listed on the List of Qualifications exempt from assessment, but do make sure that your specific degree in the year you obtained it is on that list, not just the university. Good luck. At least you'll know in just over 4 and a half hours from now!

I just successfully submitted my Silver Fern application. I am kind of jumping out of my skin. However, I was never prompted to pay any money. Has anyone else had this experience?

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenSam View Post
    I just successfully submitted my Silver Fern application. I am kind of jumping out of my skin. However, I was never prompted to pay any money. Has anyone else had this experience?
    Did you get confirmation email saying you submitted your application successfully?

Quote Originally Posted by maddy13885 View Post
    Did you get confirmation email saying you submitted your application successfully?
    Yes. I did.

Until unless Payment confirmation mail reaches your inbox, you cant be gauranteed about success. Also did you get confirmation email from Immigrtion NZ about your appication and the docs you have to send to them ??

That shouldnt be a problem. As long you have relevant work experience and in your case you have over 7 years, that should suffice .

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast