Thread: Job seeking strategy for a PR candidate in IT sector

Default Job seeking strategy for a PR candidate in IT sector

Hello

Do we have any job consultancies in INDIA, who have tie up with IT clients in New Zealand?

How does skilled migrants in NZ apply for a job?

How is front end developer market in NZ?

Hi,

I migrated to NZ in November on Partner Visa , i am an IT professional and got a job in Feb. As per my experience not many companies recruit from outside NZ. most of them prefer face to face interviews. Some companies do hire directly from ouside of NZ as IT is in the skill shortage list.you can go to seek.co.nz or workhere.co.nz to look for the openings. The best time to look for the job is after mid jan when most of the people come back from holiday and budget for new projects.

Front end developer market is good , you can have a look in to the salary report for IT at http://www.potentia.co.nz/BlogNews/P...x#.Vfnii_nzqUk

All the best

Agree to what above poster said. You can arrive on Visitor Visa and look for jobs. If Employers like you, they can help in sponsoring your Work Visa.

Quote Originally Posted by vishalvl View Post
    Front end developer market is good , you can have a look in to the salary report for IT at http://www.potentia.co.nz/BlogNews/P...x#.Vfnii_nzqUk

All the best
    vishalvl,

Am an entry-level Front end developer , do you think I can apply for a job sitting in INDIA?

Quote Originally Posted by sham_visa View Post
    vishalvl,

Am an entry-level Front end developer , do you think I can apply for a job sitting in INDIA?
    U can try applying, there is no harm in that. infact you can get calls for skype interviews also. But there will be only small amount of companies who directly hire from outside NZ based on the requirement.
    Also Entry level software jobs are not alot in NZ and even if there are few then they source those people directly from universities here. so it is not impossible but it is tough.

Quote Originally Posted by vishalvl View Post
    so it is not impossible but it is tough.
    Vishalvl,

Can you share your Nov-Feb experience in NZ about applying job?