Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Specified outcome on Masters, generic in Bachelors

Default Specified outcome on Masters, generic in Bachelors

unnamed (1).jpgunnamed.jpg

Hi JandM,

Here is my IQA outcome. Seems generic at Bachelor's and Specific at Masters.

Does it mean I lose out on the bonus points for work experience and qualification owing to LTSSL containing only Bachelor's degrees?

Please help me understand so I can give up on my NZ dreams. We have not done our medicals yet and were eagerly awaiting the packet from NZQA.

Regards,
    laxgr

Hi JandM,

So, I was at:

Qualification: 60
    Bonus-qualification:10
    Exp: 20
    Bonus exp: 15
    Partner Qualification: 20

Total: 145. I had claimed 25 for age but lost out 5 due to age increase couple of months back. Now, with this, I drop from 145 to 145-10-15=120. Is that my right assessment?

Hi JandM,

Forgot to say that the subjects I covered in Bachelor's are: Physics, Mathematics and Computer Science. However, the degree certificate title mentioned only Bachelors of Science - could this be a reason for the generic outcome? I suppose not because IQA is a content assessment not just title check.

By virtue of Computer Science being one of the 3 subjects in my Bachelor's, I took it for granted that the outcome would be a specific one.
    With this outcome, I'm not proceeding with my ITA lodgement.

Please help me interpret this situation. Sorry for multiple posts, I couldn't help it.
    Regards,
    laxgr

I'm very sorry for the disappointment you must be feeling right now.

When the IQA gives a specific outcome, what is happening is that they are saying that the foreign degree has a structure and content very like a degree course currently running in NZ.

Getting a generic outcome is no disrespect to the foreign degree, as the Level 7 awarded shows - it just means that there isn't a NZ degree quite like yours being taught at the moment.

You're right in saying that bonus points under LTSSL depend on having equivalence.

Given your higher degree and experience, it is highly possible that if you were to make a recce trip to NZ, with the proper preparation, you would be able to land the offer of a skilled job in NZ. If that were the case, an EOI would be immediately selected with a minimum of 100 points, and you would not need the bonuses.

Another thought - might your partner have enough points to stand as principle applicant?

Thanks JandM.

My partner has a Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering and the IQA showed up at Level 7 generic, which we expected. Due to his experience being in IT, unrelated to his Bachelors, no bonus points for qualification or experience, so my partner also stands at 125. Just that he gains more experience points due to his longer experience.

Yes, the NZ trip will happen when it will. But for now, I'm giving up on this.

Thanks for all the help and support so far.

Regards,
    laxgr

Hi JandM,

To put things in perspective:

Is my assessment correct that I stand to lose bonus points of 10 from qualification as well as 15 bonus points from 6+ years IT experience? Or do I lose just 10 points?

Of the 6 + years IT experience,

5.5 being in India for companies head-quartered in the US or Australia
    1.5 being in India for India head quartered company

Regards,
    laxgr

Quote Originally Posted by laxgr View Post
    Hi JandM,

To put things in perspective:

Is my assessment correct that I stand to lose bonus points of 10 from qualification as well as 15 bonus points from 6+ years IT experience? Or do I lose just 10 points?

Of the 6 + years IT experience,

5.5 being in India for companies head-quartered in the US or Australia
    1.5 being in India for India head quartered company

Regards,
    laxgr
    Hi, You got the such type of note in ITA? If yes pl contact to technical adviser for lodging .

Please note that your IQA must be returned with a result stating that your qualification is comparable to a specific degree as stated above. If your IQA report is returned stating that your qualification is comparable to “A qualification at level 7”, you will no longer be eligible for bonus points as this result does not meet the requirements of the LTSSL, and therefore you will NOT be able lodge your application with us. If your IQA report states the above, please contact the Immigration New Zealand contact centre on +64 9914 4100 BEFORE you send your application to us.

Hi nitsam,
    Yes - there is such a note in my ITA asking to call, however, at the moment, I'm almost done with the entire thing, I'm waiting to hear from you or from JandM as to how many points would I lose now because of this? Will it be 145-10-15 or 145-10 (with 15 bonus points retained for my experience)?

That is my outstanding question. I may consider ringing up this number but I don't know why that note is in the ITA. It may apply to individuals whose points tally continues to be >=140 despite the generic outcome? What do you think?
    Is there any other reason why someone thinks a call to INZ could help?
    Thanks,
    laxgr

Quote Originally Posted by laxgr View Post
    Hi nitsam,
    Yes - there is such a note in my ITA asking to call, however, at the moment, I'm almost done with the entire thing, I'm waiting to hear from you or from JandM as to how many points would I lose now because of this? Will it be 145-10-15 or 145-10 (with 15 bonus points retained for my experience)?

That is my outstanding question. I may consider ringing up this number but I don't know why that note is in the ITA. It may apply to individuals whose points tally continues to be >=140 despite the generic outcome? What do you think?
    Is there any other reason why someone thinks a call to INZ could help?
    Thanks,
    laxgr
    When I asked to my TA he email me following.

In order to claim bonus points in AASS, your qualification must be an exact match to the qualification listed on the Long Term Skills Shortage List (LTSSL). INZ are unable to compare qualifications of different types.

If your qualification matches the type and level (e.g. Bachelor level 7 or Graduate Diploma level 7) required by the LTSSL then a comparability assessment of your qualification will be conducted by a Technical Advisor at application stage - should you decide to submit your residence application. However, please note that there is no guarantee of favourable outcome. You should be aware that if you do not meet the requirements of the LTSSL you would not be eligible for bonus points and your application may be declined at application stage. If the outcome is “A qualification at Level 7”, a comparability assessment cannot be conducted.

Hi laxgr, I'm not sure if it would help. Initially my Bachelor was assessed as level 6 and my Master as level 9. I've asked NZQA to review my qualifications and if they could do a combination assessment. Fortunately I got a combined comparable result in Bachelor level 7 and Master as generic level 9.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast