Thread: Parent grandparent visa - referred to the medical assessor

Default Parent grandparent visa - referred to the medical assessor

Hi,

My parents had lodged parent grandparent visa application on 21 July 2015 from India. After 30 days when we asked the CO she said its referred to the medical assessor. Its been almost 2 months now and we haven't heard anything till now. Initially when I called up immigration contact center they said usually it takes 6 week to give a decision but due to high volume of application it may take upto 8 weeks. Its now more than 8 weeks but haven't heard anything till now. Does it always take this long?

Please help?

Regards,
    ABS

well yes. Currently medical referrals are taking forever. I'm still waiting for some after 4 months

That's scary. I am going to India very soon I was planning to get my parent when I come back

Is it possible that I can apply for a visitor visa for less than 6 months parallely so that they can travel with me ?
    Last edited by ABS; 18th September 2015 at 10:22 AM.

It's unlikely that that would be granted, with the other application, complete with medical referral, being in the records.

Oh So my only option is to wait

Is there any way I can find approximately when my application will be picked by MA or where do I stand in the queue ???

I'm afraid not. The MAs are in a completely different department, and even the COs are only allowed to pass messages to and from them, not to ask any questions. Nobody outside INZ - applicants or doctors - is allowed to contact them at all.

Thanks for the reply Guys. Fingers crossed
    Last edited by ABS; 18th September 2015 at 11:22 AM.