Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Processing time of resident visa under partnership category

Question Processing time of resident visa under partnership category

Hello, is there anyone could share your Processing timeline of resident visa under partnership category.

I've already been lodged a case officer, and she told me that an initial assessment has now been carried out on my application. I want to know usually how long will it take to finalize a case after a case officer has been assigned.

I know every case is different, I just want to know a rough idea, is there anyone could share your Processing timeline please?

Thanks heeeeeeeeeeeaps!

Hey wings
    Which branch did you applied in.
    And how long does it take to get a co for your application.

I dropped my application in Auckland city centre branch, and then assigned to Manukau branch.
    takes 2 months to get a CO

Did you already have a partnership based work visa?

I dropped my application in Christchurch branch nearly 3 months ago. Still no news.

yes I have a partnership based work visa.

You may find that they aren't very urgent about it. People with a partner-sponsored temporary work visa don't have a high priority. It's almost as though INZ say to themselves, 'What's the hurry? They're already here, legal and working, whereas these other folks need their visas so they can start earning their living.' This takes no account at all of the applicants' natural wish to have everything sorted out so they can feel secure.

If you get to eight weeks from the expiry date of your work visa, and you write in and say so, asking, 'Will my Residence be through in time, or should I apply for another work visa?' what generally happens is that the Residence miraculously appears within a few days to a couple of weeks.

hi, we put our partnership based residency application into Wellington branch on 16/6, and got an email on Thursday asking for evidence that we still together, which I emailed back straight away. I asked what timeframe we were looking at, and the CO came straight back saying they are waiting on NZ police certificates, which have a backlog of around 10 weeks, and NZI had requested ours on the 30 Aug. So now it's NZ police holding up the process...more waiting.

Hey paua
    Did co introduce himself to you when he assigned to your application thanks.

hi Jazz

last Thursday was the first contact, introducing themselves and asking for the updated evidence, and also saying they accept we have been together 12 months and longer. Which led me to believe that once the police checks are in, then we are good to go with the finalisation of visa.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast