Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: character waiver process help...

Default character waiver process help...

so I am in the process of applying for residency under the partnership visa requirements... I have been in NZ for close to 7 years on various visas, WHV, Work temporary and then partnership temporary work, my partner, an NZ citizen and I have been together for 4 years and our currently building up a food truck (i'm front of house, hes a chef) so we have a large amount of assets in both our names.

I was asked to supply a character waiver by CO a week and a half ago, basically I completely misunderstood a question in the past which ultimately saw me supplying what they deemed 'false' information which hasn't come to light until now. I have begged and groveled through my letter, explaining the surrounding circumstances and why I had believed at the time I didn't have to disclose it but how I now know the seriousness of my actions and how deeply sorry I am to have done this etc etc. as well as several character references.

what I am wondering is what is the process for character waivers... does this come at the beginning or the end? CO has told me an initial assessment has been completed and required a character waiver to proceed...can anyone shed some light??

Thank you!

I haven't ever heard anyone say - it's probably only those within INZ who would know this for definite, and we on the forum are members of the public, nothing official.

However, judging from what you say yourself - that the CO said a character waiver is required before they can proceed - it sounds as if they intend to deal with it before they verify your evidence. (The 'initial assessment' is a first look through the paperwork you have provided to see that there is a document to support each point you have made. They still have to get each piece of evidence verified by asking a third party who is in a position to know about it.)

Hey cat.
    Hope your character waiver got approve soon..if you don't mind what was the information inz think you mislead them or provide false information..sometimes it depends on the seriousness of the offence too..

thanks for your replies Jazz77 - it was for a DIC I got 5 years ago, I stupidly had believed it wasn't on my record as when I checked with the court house way back then, nothing showed up, it has never come up until now when I had to apply for an NZ convictions history. Turns out my name was spelled completely wrong. I had stupidly believed that I had paid a fine and that was that. unfortunately not, it is my only offence to date and I have provided them with references to my changed character etc. I also work and have been for a few years as a Duty Manager for a bar so its my responsibility to ensure customers get home safely without drinking and driving. crossing all fingers, toes and limbs at the moment that they accept my apology and big mistake. CO has said today he can proceed to the next stage... hoping that's good news

Hey cat just wondering how many character reference did u send.

Hi jazz I sent in 7 - from my current boss, previous bosses, friends and one from my partner

Hey cat
    Any update.

hey, I have been told by CO that my application is progressing well so crossing my fingers that it is positive news!

approval in principle received today!!

Cat358

Congrats.... Me 2nd july will be 3 month still no news of CO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast