Thread: Good vs bad streets in Owhata-Rotorua

Default Good vs bad streets in Owhata-Rotorua

Hi,
    I was interested to invest in a residential property in Rotorua, had looked into the properties and prices. I noticed that the properties are good and comparatively cheap in Owhata. While reading the forum on Rotorua I came across in few posts that there are areas to avoid in Owhata. Any insight about the said area would be highly appreciated.
    I have a budget of 150,000 NZD for the investment. Having said that, can there be any other safe and good area (in Rotorua) to invest.
    Regards,

Avoid Pohutukawa Drive at all costs.
    If you are just looking for an investment rather than for yourself or family, other areas of Owhata are okay.

You unfortunately won't get too much for your $150,000 anywhere in Rotorua

Default Thanks MetalSoul

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSoul View Post
    Avoid Pohutukawa Drive at all costs.
    If you are just looking for an investment rather than for yourself or family, other areas of Owhata are okay.

You unfortunately won't get too much for your $150,000 anywhere in Rotorua
    Thank you MetalSoul for your response. Indeed I was looking for a stay with my family for initial 2-3 years and subsequently to let on rent. Are other areas (excluding Pohutukawa drive as you mentioned) O.K. to live with a family? Quite disappointed to see that 150000 NZD is no worth to have anything good in Rotorua, said that I might need to stretch my budget further. Would you suggest any suburbs or nearby areas to Rotorua, obviously an easy commute to Waiariki Institute, where I could get a good house but not too pricey?
    Regards,

I am living in Rotorua, also a local property investor, shahid_bh if you still need help, I am more than happy to help. If you are studying or working in Waiariki Institute, I suggest Fenton Park, Hillcrest, Utuhina and Glenholme as areas you may wish to stay. Another thing, 150,000 to invest in first home or investment is quite doable in Rotorua I would say.

Quote Originally Posted by since80s View Post
    I am living in Rotorua, also a local property investor, shahid_bh if you still need help, I am more than happy to help. If you are studying or working in Waiariki Institute, I suggest Fenton Park, Hillcrest, Utuhina and Glenholme as areas you may wish to stay. Another thing, 150,000 to invest in first home or investment is quite doable in Rotorua I would say.
    Welcome to the forum, If you would like people to contact you then once you have made 5 posts you will be able to use the forum's pm system.

Default 'Fringe' Suburb buying

Quote Originally Posted by since80s View Post
    Hi there. I would greatly appreciate your local knowledge if possible.

What's your take on Clinkard Ave and that general area in Glenholme? I realise this isn't the best area but is it reasonable to expect good tenants there? I guess it could be hit and miss with neighbours there but I figure it's possible to make it work.
    It's really close to schools, New World and the main road. Are there any Government owned houses left there or is it all private now?

Your wisdom will be warmly welcomed..

Thanks,

Lloyd