Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aus PR living IN NZ

Default Aus PR living IN NZ

Hi all,

I am British with Permanent Residency in Australia residing in NZ permanent. I have tried to find out what restrictions their are on my resident visa but failed. In my passport I just have a stamp which states I am a resident but nothing else.

Do I have any travel condition on this? say I want to go on holiday for a week and then come back, what then...Does my time start again from the newest stamp? Ultimately i want to get Permanent residency in NZ so i need to get my 184 days per year to achieve this.

You should apply for a resident visa. If you are already eligible for a PRV, then that will be granted. If you depart again without an RV , then your time towards a PRV will retsart on each entry
    Last edited by ChrisMwn; 22nd September 2015 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    You should apply for a resident visa. If you are already eligible for a PRV, then that will be granted. If you depart again without an RV , then your time towards a PRV will retsart on each entry

Yeah that's what I thought.

I have only been here 4 Months. I will look into the Resident visa then. Thanks

Here you are - this is the official word on all this. http://glossary.immigration.govt.nz/...dresidents.htm Getting the NZ residence with travel conditions is only a matter of asking for the stamp in your passport, a formality because you already have Australian PR.

Thanks for that

So the fact that I already got a stamp on my arrival into NZ means I am good to go.

So if i got this right, as long as I get stamped for an exit and arrival, the time spent here will go towards my 184 days needed for PR?

Quote Originally Posted by Nurrish View Post
    Thanks for that

So the fact that I already got a stamp on my arrival into NZ means I am good to go.

So if i got this right, as long as I get stamped for an exit and arrival, the time spent here will go towards my 184 days needed for PR?
    No, if you want travel conditions then you need a RV which will lead you to a PRV

"This resident visa allows the holder to remain indefinitely in New Zealand, to study, and to work for any employer, but it will expire upon exit from New Zealand.

If you intend to stay in New Zealand long term, you may decide to apply for a permanent resident visa (PRV). If you plan to apply for a PRV, your resident visa must be endorsed with travel conditions to ensure that it does not expire when you leave New Zealand."

Thanks for the info. I got it clear now and i need to proceed with the form below. There is a section stating the travel conditions for Australian Citizen and Perm residents.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd.../0/INZ1175.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Nurrish View Post
    Thanks for the info. I got it clear now and i need to proceed with the form below. There is a section stating the travel conditions for Australian Citizen and Perm residents.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd.../0/INZ1175.pdf
    Hi Nurrish - so does this mean (a) your Oz permanent residence is still valid, and (b) you are applying for a 2 year variation of travel conditions on the basis of your valid OZ permanent residence?

I had always wondered how Oz PRs manage the situation of wanting to leave and reenter NZ when they don't yet meet the requirements for NZ PR but their Oz PR has expired (as could be the case for British emigrants who take a few years to leave UK after gaining/validating their Oz PR).

Quote Originally Posted by Kanga View Post
    Hi Nurrish - so does this mean (a) your Oz permanent residence is still valid, and (b) you are applying for a 2 year variation of travel conditions on the basis of your valid OZ permanent residence?

I had always wondered how Oz PRs manage the situation of wanting to leave and reenter NZ when they don't yet meet the requirements for NZ PR but their Oz PR has expired (as could be the case for British emigrants who take a few years to leave UK after gaining/validating their Oz PR).
    Hi Kanga,

That is correct. My Oz PR visa is valid until nov 2019 (at which point i would either need to be in Oz to remain indefinitely or get a NZ PR visa to remain here) and i have no intentions of going back to Oz hence going down the NZ PR avenue.

Just curious if they give special considerations for people with Oz PR when applying for NZ PR?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast