Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Student visa got declined, looks like egoist case officer

Default Student visa got declined, looks like egoist case officer

Dear senior members,

Thank you for your support.
    Please advise me what should I do here.

I have extremely good educational records. I had 2 government and a private job with all the proofs. My husband is an engineer.
    6 bands in IELTS. My brother is nz permanent resident and he has strong financial background and supporting me for my visa. However, after a long wait, Case officer declined my visa.

The case officer's comments were totally wrong but I have no right to appeal.

Please see the comments below :

"Thank you for your application for a student visa. We received your application on 20 April 2015.
    Our decision on your application
    We have declined your application for a student visa because you do not meet the requirements set out in the immigration instructions for student visas.

I have not sought comment prior to making the decision to decline this application as the information I am basing my decision on is not potentially prejudicial information, according to instructions E7.15.

E7.15 Potentially prejudicial information
    1. In accordance with the principles of fairness and natural justice set out in the Administration chapter (see A1), applicants will be given the opportunity to comment before a decision is made on the basis of any potentially prejudicial information that they are not necessarily aware of.

Our assessment of your application is as follows:
    In my assessment of this application I have considered the information on file and that gathered during the interview.

I am taking into consideration that it is reasonable to expect that a person whose primary interest for travelling to New Zealand is to study, would have a reasonable degree of knowledge about the proposed course and study in New Zealand. I would also expect you are able to satisfactorily explain how the course would be of value in the future.During the interview, though there was the ability to recite the subjects of the course, the basic understanding of the course contents or the applicability of the course in the future ambitions has not been successfully demonstrated.

Your responses during the interview with regard to future plans were vague and failed to establish any tangible benefits of pursuing this course. Given the significant expense of the course it is expected that a genuine student would have carefully researched future monetary and career returns derived from the course.

On the balance of probabilities, we are not convinced that there is a genuine intent to follow the intended course of study in New Zealand.

The assessment also indicates that the applicant may not have persuasive personal, occupational and financial incentives in India to return to, in the event you are unable to complete the proposed course from New Zealand.

Considering the above, you do not appear to meet the policy U3.1.b.ii, definition E5.1 and E5.10. The policy has been attached for your reference in Appendix A.

We have considered all the circumstances of the application to see if an exception to instruction is justified. Taking into account the objectives of temporary entry instruction and your present circumstances, we do not believe an exception to instruction is justified.

Please note that under Section 186 of the Immigration New Zealand Act 2009 there is no right of appeal against a decision of the Minister or an immigration officer on any matter in relation to a temporary entry class visa, whether to any court, the Tribunal, the Minister, or otherwise.

"

This must be very hard to accept, and I'm sorry for how you must be feeling. As it says, though, there is no right of appeal on the subject of this application. There is no way to take this further.

It doesn't stop you making another application in the future, and you have valuable information here about what COs have been instructed to watch out for during the interview.

Really sorry to hear that, but you need to keep in mind that visa is a privilege, not something that INZ must give to you even if you meet all requirements. I wish you all the best with future application!

Hello Taru,

Sorry to hear that but go and check this website http://www.ombudsman.parliament.nz
    You might get some help here.

Thanks

Hi Taru I'm so sorry for what happening to you. I wish you could find another way to pursue your dream. I just wonder to know what's your educational background in India and what is the course in NZ you apply for?Did you get nominated for the fast stream track? I am shocked knowing you got declined, since I believed that once clearing the medicals, you must get visa.....just pray for you....

Hi,

I am sorry to hear this.

Give a try with full information next time.

Regards,
    Raju

Sorry to hear that. But the main reason of study visa is to allow genuine students who come here is for study intentions only. I know most of the students come here on study visa with the main purpose of getting residency later on. I think Immigration NZ doesn't want people to take study visa as a loop hole of getting residency and that why they ask statement of purpose and also ask many questions in interview around this only. So its very important to enroll in a course that is related to your studies/work experience. You need to prove that your intention to come to NZ is for study purpose only and later on if you like NZ you can obviously apply for residency. But if they sniff that your intention is to get residency only then it very hard to get study visa. If you are desperate to come here, you can ask your husband to apply for work/study visa. He is an engineer and engineers have good scope in NZ.

Best wishes for your future

hi , could u plz tell who was the co , cause this same thing happened with my bro

All COs work to the same instructions.

Hey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast