Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Essential Skills Work Visa in Christchurch- Job Title Query

Default Essential Skills Work Visa in Christchurch- Job Title Query

Hello all and thanks in advance for any replies.

I've been in New Zealand for just over two years and have just had my Essential Skills visa approved for a further 2 years, which means I will shortly be submitting my EOI.

A quick question- as I am in Christchurch, the change in Essential Skills visa conditions means my employer is effectively 'open' and not specified (well, it should have been, but my Case Manager did originally make it specific until I queried it and was told that yes, it should be open. Am still waiting for my amended visa...).

The question is: My current job title is Contract Administrator. This is linked in with Program/ Project Administrator on ANZSCO group 5111 as the job specifications are almost identical in most cases and the experience required to do both similar. However, they both have different ANZSCO numbers- 511111 for Contact Administrator and 511112 for Program/ Project Administrator.

Should I want to change roles in the future, would I solely be restricted to just Contract Administrator roles, or would I also be able to go for those under the title of Program/ Projector Administrator, as the skills required and job roles would overlap?

To sum it up- does my job title have to exactly match what is listed on my visa, or can it be any job as long as the brief generally matches that on the ANZSCO website for my job listing?

I want to know if I would need to go down the route of a Variation of Conditions form in the future if required.

Apologies if this has been answered previously or isn't exactly clear. I did phone the call centre number but didn't get a firm answer.

The thing I can answer about your query is that the job title the employer gives you is completely unimportant. It's the description of your role and responsibilities that has to match the description of whatever ANZSCO name you put in your application under.

An employer can call a job anything that makes sense in his organization. I've said before, the oddest one we've had mentioned on the forum was 'Mr Brown's assistant'. Not knowing that business, Mr Brown could have been anything from the CEO to the janitor, and the name gave no clue at all as to what the applicant did for a living.

What is the change in the Essential Skills visa conditions that makes it effectively 'open'? - that's the point where I don't know of whatever regulation you're referring to. Do you have a link?

Many thanks for the response.

See link to immigration website here regarding the change:

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/emplo...ebuildfaqs.htm

So to clarify, would my job role have to fit the exact brief next to Contract Administrator on the ANZSCO website, namely: 'Prepares, interprets, maintains, reviews and negotiates variations to contracts on behalf of an organisation.'

Or, would the tasks have to generally meet those outlined for the entire Unit Group (which is where the crossovers occur):

•developing, reviewing and negotiating variations to contracts, programs, projects and services
    •responding to inquiries and resolving problems concerning contracts, programs, projects, services provided, and persons affected
    •managing paperwork associated with contracts, programs, projects and services provided
    •working with Project Managers, Architects, Engineering Professionals, owners and others to ensure that goals are met
    •advising senior management on matters requiring attention and implementing their decisions
    •overseeing work by contractors and reporting on variations to work orders
    •preparing and reviewing submissions and reports concerning the organisation's activities
    •collecting and analysing data associated with projects undertaken, and reporting on project outcomes
    •reviewing and arranging new office accommodation

Your job title can be whatever you like. For temporary entry purposes (for statistics) INZ will code the role to a particular ANZSCO occupation (e.g so we know how many painters or electricians etc have been granted work visas). When it comes to an SMC application, again the job title that the employer gives is not important, there just has to be a substansial match between the core tasks listed on ANZSCO for A skilled occupation, and the role description.

That link doesn't want to open for me at the moment. It may be that the website is down. I'll have a look a bit later.

Thank you very much to the both of you. I really appreciate the help.

I hope everything goes well for you. Please keep us updated.

Well- an update. Got a new job, submitted SMC EOI last year, got picked out of pool at 140 points.

Submitted paper application which was received by Auckland branch in Feb.

Assigned CO this week. Submitted pay slips and IRD info and my employer answered some questions.

Today I got an email saying my application status had been updated. Phoned the call centre and was told my application had been checked and assigned to the AIP queue.

So that means I'm approved, right? And I just need to wait for a letter regarding levy payment and to send off passport?

Correct. Congratulations!

Dear All,
    I need help to submit ITA, EOI I have mentioned my post-graduate and undergraduate, but I marked PG degree as a specialization to claim bonus points.
    The outcome of NZQA I got specialization for UG degree. both points are same.
    to consider my UG degree I have mentioned in a cover letter, But ITA application my PG degree only mentioned, Do I need to amend UG degree details in ITA application form ?
    or can I attach my ITA application receipt(both degree mention) request co-officer to consider my UG degree instead of PG degree

Thanks in advance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast