Thread: Help! Visa revoked. Now reapplying.

Default Help! Visa revoked. Now reapplying.

I'll try and make this short as possible. I applied for a visa six months ago and got it. But when I was on the application page I hit down arrow and it switched my expiry for my passport. It switched from 2016 to 2017. And if I had correct date they would have declined my visa. I didn't know I made this mistake until I went to leave and I renewed my passport so I was taking correct steps to advise them. This is when I found out of the mistake. They said was misleading them on the visa and I need to be granted a character waiver. I responded with how it was and error and apologized. He auto denied me without any further questions. I reapplied for my visa and now it's the same thing, the new immigration officer wants me to apply for the character waiver. I'm not sure exactly what they're looking for other than an apology for the mistake. The first immigration officer was rude and sarcastic towards me, stating it was misleading information, basically trying to make me admit to what I did was done on purpose. But it was a genuine mistake!! If was doing it on purpose I wouldn't have renewed my passport before I left and advise them of it. Which is what I stated in my letter to the first immigration officer. Anyway, I'm not sure what other information I could provide to them. Any advise would be helpful thanks!

Presumably you provided at least a copy of the passport which showed the correct expiry year?

When you applied for the character waiver, besides explaining what had happened and that it was a genuine mistake, did you also provide some character references?

Yes I provided a copy of both old and renewed passports. I didn't provide any character references the first time. I didn't really understand the severity of the process. I thought he'd respond but he just declined my visa. Now I am on the second round and I have written a letter three pages long and I will have two character references with it. Do I need anything else? What should my character references say exactly?

Should I have more than two character references?

Some character references should be from people of standing in the community, who know you personally, if at all possible. (So as an example, if you went to school with someone who is now the local doctor, or you're in a sports team with a lawyer, that kind of person looks good, because their status gives weight to your case.) All your references need to say (in each person's own words) that you are an honest person who fulfils his responsibilities, and that if you have been found to be at fault in your dealings with INZ, they are sure from your past behaviour that this would only ever be a mistake and not deliberate. If you do any kind of volunteering or other good works in your community, it would be good to have someone testify to that, too.

I am in the process of traveling and this is a difficult process. I am able to have a reference from the doctor and his wife. And then four of my friends. But anyone else in my community is hard to touch base with since I'm so far away. I feel it's something I'd want to ask in person than via Fb or whatever. Thank you for all your information, it has helped greatly.

I understand your modest feelings about preferring to speak to people in person, but honestly, this is really URGENT to get right this time, and within as short time-frame as possible. A thought: you could maybe ask by FB or similar if they would accept a personal phone call - ?