Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ITA :: Confused with checklist given by INZ

Default ITA :: Confused with checklist given by INZ

Dear everyone

Finally, I received my ITA on 25th Sep.
    Thanks a ton to saviour JandM and the other comrades on this blessed forum.

I am bit confused with few of the documents list asked for. If you could give a clue, it would be of great help.

1)

This is the populated form that is attached to the invitation email. Please answer all questions fully. In particular, please double check the following sections: Other Family, Photographs, Declaration and Payment Details.

- Q: Is this to be filled in by pen and then be sent to INZ? Just to be sure that there is NO online form.

2)
    Police Certificate - If you have ever been known by another name, you need to demonstrate that you have requested the police certificate in every name you have been known by. On most occasions we require national police certificates rather than provincial or state police certificates.

Q: In my new passport, I had changed by surname. Does this mean that, I need to two PCC for each name I was known?
    Or just one PCC is enough mentioning that Mr XX YYZZ ( and also known as Mr XXX YYYZZZ ) has not ........ etc.?

3)
    Character Issues -You have mentioned a character issue in your EOI. Please submit a detailed explanation of this matter with your application. This invitation does not mean that we have determined that you meet character requirements.

Q: I had mentioned in EOI that my previous residence application in Singapore was rejected. May be I should write the full story here.

4)
    Evidence of Partnership - Evidence that you and your partner have been living together in a genuine and stable relationship for at least 12 months. Please see the instructions detailed in the attached Partnership Information to see what evidence is acceptable.

Q: I have marriage certificate + old and new flight tickets + wife's dependant visa card + HR emails showing wife's details for depenant visa etc + photos . Would this be sufficient?

5)

Evidence of Custody
    Evidence that you have custody of your child and the sole right to determine your child’s country of residence without rights of visitation by the other parent, OR Evidence that you have custody of your child and a signed statement from the other parent, witnessed in accordance with local law, allowing the child to live permanently in New Zealand.

Q: Most confused here. Not sure what is required here. I did not mention anything unusual in EOI about my 2 yrs old child. Child is living with us.

Thank you for your valuable time. Looking forward.

1. Yes, you must fill in this form itself, and send it back with your evidence.

2. If the police will issue one certificate covering both names, that will be satisfactory, but if they won't, then you will need the two.

3. Yes, you must give full details. If there is not room for everything on the form, then add an extra sheet. You need to tell them the exact circumstances that meant your application to Singapore for PR was refused. As it was simply that you did not fit in with their immigration regulations, this is no blame on you and should cause no difficulty with NZ. The fact that they continued to allow you to stay there on a work visa should be further proof that Singapore has nothing against you.

4. You have to prove in thorough detail that you and your wife have been living together, in particular detail for the 12 months running up to your application, in just the same way as you have no doubt seen mentioned on the forum for people who are trying to sponsor their partner for a visa. These old threads https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof should give you the idea. What you have mentioned is just a start, and won't be enough on its own, no. See p. 14 here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd.../0/INZ1105.pdf

5. See p. 16 here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd.../0/INZ1105.pdf This only applies to someone who is divorced or separated and bringing a child to NZ without the other natural parent.

Thank you JandM for the very prompt reply.

This helped me clearing all the confusions about the check list. I am reading through the thread you mentioned; this is excellent.

Should this 12 months be lived together continuously? or is it the total time lived together?

Since " Evidence of Custody" is not applicable to me, can I mention that in a cover letter ?

JandM,

Could it be an error from INZ that they included the below in my check list? If so, can I reply back to the email from which the ITA was sent?

Evidence of Custody
    Evidence that you have custody of your child and the sole right to determine your child’s country of residence without rights of visitation by the other parent, OR Evidence that you have custody of your child and a signed statement from the other parent, witnessed in accordance with local law, allowing the child to live permanently in New Zealand.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    1. Yes, you must fill in this form itself, and send it back with your evidence.

2. If the police will issue one certificate covering both names, that will be satisfactory, but if they won't, then you will need the two.

3. Yes, you must give full details. If there is not room for everything on the form, then add an extra sheet. You need to tell them the exact circumstances that meant your application to Singapore for PR was refused. As it was simply that you did not fit in with their immigration regulations, this is no blame on you and should cause no difficulty with NZ. The fact that they continued to allow you to stay there on a work visa should be further proof that Singapore has nothing against you.

4. You have to prove in thorough detail that you and your wife have been living together, in particular detail for the 12 months running up to your application, in just the same way as you have no doubt seen mentioned on the forum for people who are trying to sponsor their partner for a visa. These old threads https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof should give you the idea. What you have mentioned is just a start, and won't be enough on its own, no. See p. 14 here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd.../0/INZ1105.pdf

5. See p. 16 here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd.../0/INZ1105.pdf This only applies to someone who is divorced or separated and bringing a child to NZ without the other natural parent.

Should this 12 months be lived together continuously? or is it the total time lived together?
    12 months living together is the minimum time to qualify for being the secondary applicant on an application for Residence. Yes, you need to prove your WHOLE time together, but INZ will look hardest at the most recent 12 months leading up to the application - they don't want to issue a visa to both of a couple whose relationship has actually broken up some time before.

Since " Evidence of Custody" is not applicable to me, can I mention that in a cover letter ?
    Could it be an error from INZ that they included the below in my check list? If so, can I reply back to the email from which the ITA was sent?
    It's possible that it's an error, or a misunderstanding of something you put on your EOI. Did you write anything that might make them think only ONE of you is the parent of this child? If not, then yes, in your place I would reply and stress the point that this is the child of your marriage and you will be providing the birth certificate to prove that, so you assume you will not need to prove this matter of custody.

Default ITA :: Confused with checklist sent by INZ, possibly error

Thank you JandM

It really saves all my efforts until now.

Putting together the grey areas:

1)

Evidence of Partnership
    We lived together for 12 months in 2013 start to end, and then she was away for 11 months in 2014 due to pregnancy related matters.

She was back with me on 1st January 2015 on wards.

As you suggested, I will wait for completion of continuous solid 12 months before lodging ITA , which is January 2016.

Whilst, I wait for 12 this months completion, can I sign her up for a credit card or phone or other bills to create new evidences of partnership?
    ( given the fact is that I have some evidences already, JandM = "What you have mentioned is just a start, and won't be enough on its own". These new evidences will be generated in next four months)

2)

Evidence of Custody

Here is what I had selected before submitting EOI:

Child1.jpg
    ---------------
    Child2.jpg
    Here it says "For each dependent child who will be included in your residence application, please complete a Child supplement Expression of Interest form. Please refer to the Guide under Dependent Children in the section Summary of Terms. "

I am not sure what this means as I did not see any section to fill "Child supplement Expression of Interest form" while submitting EOI.
    ---------------
    Child3.jpg

Nowhere I did mention about child adopted/divorce/separation. As you suggested, I will reply to the ITA email explaining the scenario.

Thank you!
    Last edited by farfaraway; 27th September 2015 at 05:39 PM.

Whilst, I wait for 12 this months completion, can I sign her up for a credit card or phone or other bills to create new evidences of partnership?
    ( given the fact is that I have some evidences already, JandM = "What you have mentioned is just a start, and won't be enough on its own". These new evidences will be generated in next four months)
    Yes, yes, yes - go for it, and keep collecting. But read those old threads, to which I sent the link. You need to nail solidly the beginning of the 12 months, and for the time after that get as many incidental pieces that the two of you are at the same address, and sharing ordinary incidents, as possible, as each WEEK goes by. Think 'overload' here - don't leave out any chance of gathering photos, invitations, bills, receipts that one of you bought something for the communal home, records from doctors consulted, appointments attended.

The Child Supplement Expression of Interest should have been automatically generated on the end of your online EOI, according to this. http://employment.govt.nz/immigratio...base/item/1207 If it wasn't, you can download a version and send it in http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...30July2012.pdf, with your explanatory letter.

Thank you JandM for making it very very clear regarding Partnership evidences and "Child Supplement Expression of Interest".

From now, I embark on the mission of collecting or making the evidences

Probably this might help you on partnership evidences.

Letter from you and your partner with key events in our relationship
    Certificate of Marriage
    Child's birth certificate
    Letters from your parents or parents in law
    Letters from your or your partners siblings
    Photographs (approx. 15 to 25)
    Tenancy agreements – Current and past
    Travel documents indicating travelling together
    Bank statements from you and your partner for any joint accounts which are active
    Bank statements from you and your partner for any accounts which are active and address are same
    Credit Card statements from you and your partner
    Mobile, Internet and Telephone bills addressed to you and your partner
    Letters addressed to you
    Letters and bills addressed to your partner
    Marriage Invitation Card

Hi JandM,

Regarding your response to point no.1, the form is pre-populated, so I did not understand if there was anything to fill up again using pen unless there were details for modification / addition that one would write in the Amendments section. So, if all details in the pre-populated form are correct, then nothing to add. Hope INZ does not want us to copy the pre-populated details with pen on paper?

Awaiting your response please.

Regards,
    laxgr

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast