Thread: Job does not substantially match ANZSCO list of tasks

Default Job does not substantially match ANZSCO list of tasks

Hi, I am currently in the process of applying for residence visa.
    However, the case officer was not satisfied that my current employment fits in the ANZSCO criteria as a "University Lecturer".

My current role is a university researcher with a minimum requirement of a PhD degree.
    However, since there is no skilled migrant category that a university researcher could fall into, I chose "University Lecturer".

Now the case officer points out that I only do 3 out 10 tasks in the list, and unsatisfied with it. The CO gave me time to respond.

I have been thinking a lot these few days of what response should I give. I have come up with several justifications, but unsure which should I pursue:
    1) I have had teaching experience in university, even won some awards, but at the moment I am focusing on research.
    2) My research job fulfills a few points from "University Lecturer" and a few other points from "Mathematicians and Actuary". Can I tell the CO that I contribute to these two job classes?
    3) Or, should I emphasize how my role contribution to New Zealand by enhancing international participation and recognition?
    4) How about using the service of immigration adviser/lawyer?

Thanks in advance!

have you looked at Education Manager (nec) 134499?

always easier to argue for "nec" (not elsewhere classified) Then you can argue that your role has aspects of other skilled roles, such as the mathematician/lecturer.