Thread: Extension to Visitor Visa

Default Extension to Visitor Visa

Hi All,

Anybody applied for visitor visa extension to self / parents / partner in recent times in Auckland Central branch?

My parents got 5-month visa and I would like to extend it for another month.

So please advise on the timelines if anybody did it recently.

Regards,
    Raju

Hi All,

If somebody looking at Visitor Visa extension:

My parents got 5-months visa (they already spent 4-months within 18-month period) and we applied for 1-more month extension.

INZ asked to show own funds or sponsorship for which I sent sponsorship form.
    X-Rays: Either they should have Chest X-Rays within 2-years or you need to submit them through eMedical (HorizonRadiology) online.

They took 1 - day and approved online.

Hope someone get benefit out of this post.

Regards,
    Raju

Thank you for sharing the information.

Hello Raju,

Just out of curiosity .. How much does it cost for the extension ? Same as applying a new visa or a different fee.
    you added both parents in one visitor application or separate for each ?

Thank you

Hi Gourav,

Yes. I added both. My father is primary applicant (Original visa applied from India, same is the case).

I submitted a paper based Chest x-ray for my father (mother's x-ray is already provided 1-yr back) and they rejected it saying from 1st July, 2015 INZ accepts only eMedical. :-(.
    Horizon Radiology (one of them from online list) is doing eMedicals.

When we submitted the new Visitor Visa application for Auckland Region, we paid $165 fees. I think they will treat it as new application even though it is extension.
    We submitted passports with the application.

But Horizon won't do x-ray without original passport. So we went to Manukau branch to pickup passports from case officer. Same time gave the sponsorship documentation for their stay extension
    (Yes. Sponsorship. INZ online documentation says they don't accept sponsorship for extension but case officer asked for own funds or sponsorship form).

Then went to Horizon and submitted eMedicals. $165. Even though I said the paper based is from same Horizon Otara branch, they said they need to take afresh. :-(
    Next day medicals submitted and next day online status changed to Approved.

Called INZ contact and they said they don't give any stickers for extension. You can take print out from online page.
    One good thing happened to me from this extension is, previous 2 times my parents applied visitor visa from India and only means of knowing status is through TTS Web site. That too it states about shipment details rather than actual status.
    So I come to know only when passports are received. But now, I can check the status online as we applied in Auckland.

So total = $165 (new app) + $165 (eMedical)

Regards,
    Raju

Thanks Raju,

So it means both parents can get visa on their passports under one application fee that's nice

Do you think E Medical is now mandatory for Visa's from India as well ?

Thank you

Hi Gourav,

Sorry. No idea. This is the first time eMedical is done.

Regards,
    Raju

Yes, applicants in India have to use the eMedical system too. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...a/emedical.htm

Hi Raju, thanks for sharing the info.

Was the visa application for extension done online? or a paper based application at the Auckland branch?

Looking forward to your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Raju View Post
    Hi Gourav,

Yes. I added both. My father is primary applicant (Original visa applied from India, same is the case).

I submitted a paper based Chest x-ray for my father (mother's x-ray is already provided 1-yr back) and they rejected it saying from 1st July, 2015 INZ accepts only eMedical. :-(.
    Horizon Radiology (one of them from online list) is doing eMedicals.

When we submitted the new Visitor Visa application for Auckland Region, we paid $165 fees. I think they will treat it as new application even though it is extension.
    We submitted passports with the application.

But Horizon won't do x-ray without original passport. So we went to Manukau branch to pickup passports from case officer. Same time gave the sponsorship documentation for their stay extension
    (Yes. Sponsorship. INZ online documentation says they don't accept sponsorship for extension but case officer asked for own funds or sponsorship form).

Then went to Horizon and submitted eMedicals. $165. Even though I said the paper based is from same Horizon Otara branch, they said they need to take afresh. :-(
    Next day medicals submitted and next day online status changed to Approved.

Called INZ contact and they said they don't give any stickers for extension. You can take print out from online page.
    One good thing happened to me from this extension is, previous 2 times my parents applied visitor visa from India and only means of knowing status is through TTS Web site. That too it states about shipment details rather than actual status.
    So I come to know only when passports are received. But now, I can check the status online as we applied in Auckland.

So total = $165 (new app) + $165 (eMedical)

Regards,
    Raju

You are answering a thread from nearly two years ago, and Raju has not been on the forum for the last six months, so may not see your question.