Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When does an RESIDENT VISA application get reviewed by second immigration officer?

Default When does an RESIDENT VISA application get reviewed by second immigration officer?

Hello

Assigned immigration officer has taken a decision on my resident VISA application and now gets moderated by one of his colleagues.

Does the application get moderated by another immigration officer, in the case where application is accepted by assigned immigration officer?

or

Does the application can also get moderated by another immigration officer, in the case where application is rejected by assigned immigration officer?
    Last edited by sham_visa; 2nd October 2015 at 05:06 AM.

I beleive the second person check is carried out regardless of the original case officers decision

Quote Originally Posted by Homesick Kiwi View Post
    I beleive the second person check is carried out regardless of the original case officers decision
    Bit nervous, because i will receive the final decision before Oct 15th, this month.

Good Luck! I hope you get a positive result!

ALL cases are second-person checked, to look for errors, and as a guard against the possibility of corruption. INZ don't want visas being refused if they should have been granted, any more than they want them granted if they should have been refused.

Quote Originally Posted by Homesick Kiwi View Post
    It is close to one month that second person had my application under moderation.
    I got a reply from original case officer, today, saying

Unfortunately your application is still undergoing moderation. I’m sorry about the delay. I will update you when it is complete.

Quote Originally Posted by sham_visa View Post
    Hello

Assigned immigration officer has taken a decision on my resident VISA application and now gets moderated by one of his colleagues.

Does the application get moderated by another immigration officer, in the case where application is accepted by assigned immigration officer?

or

Does the application can also get moderated by another immigration officer, in the case where application is rejected by assigned immigration officer?
    Did your CO informed you that she took decision on your application already by herself? or you mailed her asking update?

Quote Originally Posted by rockstar View Post
    Did your CO informed you that she took decision on your application already by herself? or you mailed her asking update?
    Interview was done on August-19th. It took more time for results due to my partner's medicals.
    On Sep-3rd, I wrote this: Is there any update that could be shared after the interview?
    On Sep-16th, I got reply: I’m sorry for my slow response. Your partner’s medicals have been found acceptable. I have been able to make a decision on your application. This now gets moderated by one of my colleagues, a process that may take up to four weeks. I will contact you again when it is complete.
    In the meantime, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Hi,

My interview got done today. Lasted 48:53 seconds Went fine, I think. She said I'd get a reply within 2 months and explained 3 possible results (starting from decline to work permit to Residency).

Jobs -> what i m doing now? salary now in NZD? How long I am working at my current place? How do I find Malaysia? where have you applied? how many jobs have you applied for? can you please share your email correspondence? Please explain 1 specific BA position you applied for - role, description? Will you work part-time? Which companies have you applied to? Which companies are you looking at? or any specific industries? if you dont get a job, what will u do?
    Healthcare general question
    Education general question
    Cost of living/accomodation 1 question
    What challenges do you foresee for your family?
    Where will you live?
    Will you rent or buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Maguire View Post
    Hi,

My interview got done today. Lasted 48:53 seconds Went fine, I think. She said I'd get a reply within 2 months and explained 3 possible results (starting from decline to work permit to Residency).

Jobs -> what i m doing now? salary now in NZD? How long I am working at my current place? How do I find Malaysia? where have you applied? how many jobs have you applied for? can you please share your email correspondence? Please explain 1 specific BA position you applied for - role, description? Will you work part-time? Which companies have you applied to? Which companies are you looking at? or any specific industries? if you dont get a job, what will u do?
    Healthcare general question
    Education general question
    Cost of living/accomodation 1 question
    What challenges do you foresee for your family?
    Where will you live?
    Will you rent or buy?
    Thats a lot of questions! did you have something like a work to residency visa? My partner and I are hoping to eventually apply for her residency based on partnership (with me, a NZ citizen) should we expect to have an interview and a bunch of questions like this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast