Thread: Regarding Passport submission along with ITA application

Default Regarding Passport submission along with ITA application

Hi,

I am about to submit my ITA but I am a bit confused on the submission of a passport.

The checklist says they need my original passport OR certified copies of biometric pages. When I called up NZ Immy, one person asked me to follow the checklist whereas another time the person said that it is mandatory to send my original passport.
    What should I do? Preferably, I am hoping to avoid sending my original passport.

Please share your experience on this point.

Regards,
    AVK

You can send a certified copy of the passport if you dont prefer to send in your original passport. Do mention the same in your ITA cover letter.

I am not sure how it work in Canada but I applied through Auckland Central Branch and submitted my original passport with all original documents which they returned in 3-4 days.

Could you please share a sample ITA cover letter?
    Is it different from the Checklist?

Quote Originally Posted by nms.sun3 View Post
    You can send a certified copy of the passport if you dont prefer to send in your original passport. Do mention the same in your ITA cover letter.

"Valid original passport or certified copy of the passport bio data page (photo page) for each applicant." This is what it says on the checklist provided to me.

Yes, you can send the certified copy at this stage if you prefer. Obviously, you will have to send your actual passport in due course if your visa is granted, so that the sticker can be put into it.