Thread: Whangaparoa Advice Needed

Thumbs up Whangaparoa Advice Needed

We are looking at semi retiring in the Whangaparoa Area. Currently living in Christchurch, have a son in Auckland and will be spending a few days in the Rodney area soon to look around.

Trying to narrow down the areas of interest so just a few questions...
    Which areas do the semi retirees (50's 60's) tend to live? Not really keen to be surrounded by young families.
    Which areas have the friendliest neighbourhoods where it is easy to get to know people?
    Which areas are the most sheltered?
    Are there any sections becoming available - expansive sea views / close to a beach. We might look to build.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Hi there. Don't know much about Whangaparaoa as I'm on the North Shore. This might help you look for sections though: http://www.realestate.co.nz/resident...operty_types/9

I've searched for the entire Rodney area but you could narrow it down to certain suburbs if you want.

Its been a while since we were there so hard to tell how things may have changed, I would have said Orewa would have been a better choice than Whangaparaoa, although Arkles Bay is magical! Thinking possibly Manly, although someone with way more recent knowledge than me will probably say otherwise!

Good luck

Orewa, silverdale are great options. Beautiful views, very peaceful and I know that lot of retired people prefer to live around that area.