Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to start in NZ from malaysia right away?

Default how to start in NZ from malaysia right away?

hi, i'm new in this forum..recently me and my family has been interested in making a move to nz. While i understand we can apply for EOI process and await for ITA..that might take 2 years and it'll be a long time.

I'm wondering what is the quickiest way for us to be able to start in NZ in the shortest amount of time? What needs to be applied? Although i would think, nz employers would prefer persons with local addresses, is there a possibility for nz employers to also look for skilled migrants out of NZ ? We're in IT field..with over 10 years of experience.

Come to NZ and look for a job or one of you enrol in a postgraduate level 8 study, the other partner is eligible to apply for partnership work visa.

But what kind of permit should I apply for if I did not register for eoi? Would going there straight as a visitor allow me to start looking for a permanent IT job and then later on I'll move on to the residency applications ?

Hi,
    As larrykiwi said, those are the quickest ones.

You can start your EOI, get all documents required for ITA, send ITA once you receive it and then come on a visitor visa to search for jobs.

NZ employers do see people in person for interviews but some employers like ERoad will help in migration. So you need to see employers like that and apply.
    Remember, NZ Employers does not like RESUME duplication. So once you apply to one org you can't go through a consultant again for the same employer.

i from my as well , IT , current status mids preparing for EOI ..

question why in hurry? you should properly plan and go for Res Visa unless your points not enough = 140 ,

i try to look for jobs in seek.nz but all required you to be onsite.

@adrive, you can try what larrykiwi has suggested (try to get a NZ job), as that is the quickest path. If it doesn't work out, then you can try the EOI path again.

The EOI route, not too sure about other countries, but for Malaysian/ SG, from what I saw, they all seem to get their visa within a year's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Raju View Post
    Hi,
    As larrykiwi said, those are the quickest ones.

You can start your EOI, get all documents required for ITA, send ITA once you receive it and then come on a visitor visa to search for jobs.

NZ employers do see people in person for interviews but some employers like ERoad will help in migration. So you need to see employers like that and apply.
    Remember, NZ Employers does not like RESUME duplication. So once you apply to one org you can't go through a consultant again for the same employer.
    thanks guys. I wanted to also check what would the be problem if i'm not the primary person to submit EOI but my wife. If ITA is issued later on, will we still have the flexibility of having me going over first with visitor visa or will the person under primary need to go first in order to fulfil the criteria? will we be able to change the primary person later on?

primary applicant need to serve 184 days per year .. for 2 years once ur application ap0roved to fullfill the rv requirement. .. you might want to find more info first before proceed ...

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...quirements.htm
    Last edited by moonrider; 5th October 2015 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrive View Post
    thanks guys. I wanted to also check what would the be problem if i'm not the primary person to submit EOI but my wife. If ITA is issued later on, will we still have the flexibility of having me going over first with visitor visa or will the person under primary need to go first in order to fulfil the criteria? will we be able to change the primary person later on?
    I believe you will not be able to change the primary applicant. Once it is decided during EOI submission, it is gonna stick till the end of the process.

No problem to set your wife as primary applicant. Whoever can garner more points as primary applicant, should be the primary applicant.

Nothing stop you from going over first with visitor visa while your ITA process (with your wife as primary applicant) is underway. However, In case you do get a job during the trip down there, you may wish to consider to continue with the ongoing ITA. Reason being, even you have gotten a job, you would still need to initiate EOI to get the visa (e.g. restart the whole process again). that means the previous time & money you spend on original EOI/ ITA will go wasted, should you decide to make a fresh EOI.

add on: Having said that, according to section SM6 in http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/, you can update your ITA (with your wife as primary applicant) with extra 20 bonus points for partner offer of employment , should you succeed in getting employment during the visit. INZ allows applicant to make updates to ITA application form
    Last edited by maldiniho; 5th October 2015 at 09:57 PM.

Although couples tend to think of the EOI as 'OUR application', that isn't so for INZ. One person is the applicant, and the spouse is just an et cetera who is admitted as part of the deal. So no, you can't change who is primary applicant.

The way INZ has the quotas set at the moment, anyone who has no job offer has to have an EOI with 140 points for it to be selected. With a job offer, an EOI with a minimum of 100 points will be selected. There is no point, if neither of you has a job offer, of putting in the EOI, unless you can claim 140 points.

However, either partner could apply for a visitor's visa to job-hunt. This is an entirely acceptable use for a visitor's visa, as long as people are honest about it. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...20June2014.pdf

If you have the 140 points and have put in the EOI, either partner could still go if they are granted a visitor's visa in that way.

If the main applicant OR the partner gets offered a skilled job in NZ, s/he can apply for a temporary work visa, which can be processed quite quickly and allow the employment to start, and at the same time, the partner can apply for partner-sponsored temporary work visa, linking the two with a covering letter so it will all be worked as one case. This situation could mean that both parties get to be working in NZ while the original application under SMC is still ticking along in the background, taking the time that it takes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast