Thread: Change main occupation in the ITA

Default Change main occupation in the ITA

Hello experts,

I have selected '261313 Software Engineer ' as my main occupation in the EOI and submitted IQA too.
    But I realized my job category very much equal to '261312 Developer Programmer' which both occupations exist in the LTSSL under ICT Professional category.

Can you please share that how I can change my main occupation in the ITA and what are the steps I have follow.

Thank you

If you look at the two careers on the INZ Skills Checker, you will see that the requirements for equivalent qualifications for bonus points are the same, so you should not have any problem if your IQA has come back with a definite reply. You are entitled to change the occupation on the ITA.

Hi,

I've similar question. While I've kept BA as my selected occupation in my EOI/ITA application, I am applying to PM, Service Delivery Manager, etc. roles as well. In my coming interview also, I plan to share this w/my CO. Am I required to mandatory mention that I am applying to 'BA', in my case, roles only? Or are they okay w/a candidate looking at broader roles within his skill zone?

Your situation is different from Amalsha's, in that you have already stated a career on your ITA, and given supporting evidence of your skills and qualifications for that job. If you have applied for jobs in that role, and can talk about the companies, and the reactions you have received, that is easy for the CO in the interview to give you credit for. If, as often happens, s/he then asks you, 'And if you don't find a job as a BA, then what will you do?' and you reply, 'I will also be looking for positions as x, y and z, and these are all ALSO on the skilled job list, needing the same qualifications and experience already proved in my ITA,' you are still giving information that will be in your favour, and that is easy to record.

What can cause difficulties in the interview is when a candidate has more than one set of skilled qualifications and experience. He will have proved ONE career for the ITA. If the CO asks what he will do if he doesn't find a job as a brain surgeon (or whatever was on his ITA), and he says he will also be applying for positions as a chef, this will totally confuse things. INZ seem to have a kind of built-in suspicion of multi-skilled people, as though having a second skill somehow could make them less good at either. And of course, he won't have submitted evidence for the other career, so the CO can't see, when in the interview, that it's all true and solidly based.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Your situation is different from Amalsha's, in that you have already stated a career on your ITA, and given supporting evidence of your skills and qualifications for that job. If you have applied for jobs in that role, and can talk about the companies, and the reactions you have received, that is easy for the CO in the interview to give you credit for. If, as often happens, s/he then asks you, 'And if you don't find a job as a BA, then what will you do?' and you reply, 'I will also be looking for positions as x, y and z, and these are all ALSO on the skilled job list, needing the same qualifications and experience already proved in my ITA,' you are still giving information that will be in your favour, and that is easy to record.

What can cause difficulties in the interview is when a candidate has more than one set of skilled qualifications and experience. He will have proved ONE career for the ITA. If the CO asks what he will do if he doesn't find a job as a brain surgeon (or whatever was on his ITA), and he says he will also be applying for positions as a chef, this will totally confuse things. INZ seem to have a kind of built-in suspicion of multi-skilled people, as though having a second skill somehow could make them less good at either. And of course, he won't have submitted evidence for the other career, so the CO can't see, when in the interview, that it's all true and solidly based.
    Thats valuable information. Thanks.

I am planning to justify applying for BA/PM roles saying that I need to keep my options open and be flexible since I dont have any NZ experience and need to prove myself before being choosy on the roles. Also, NZ employers generally expect, especially, in medium businesses, one role to be able to do multiple tasks and be flexible in how they operate.

This is basically coming from the email evidence I have gathered to show that I've been applying for roles (BA or PM) and getting stonewalled due to visa issues.