Thread: Work to Residence: Long Term Skill Shortage List work visa, will need NZQA

Default Work to Residence: Long Term Skill Shortage List work visa, will need NZQA

Hi,

I have a job offer

I am waiting for my police check and check my health to apply to the visa. My questions is... one of the requirements is "Evidence of qualifications relevant to my job offer" or NZQA, will I need to apply to NZQA before applying to the visa or not?. My job is related to Software Engineer (261313) and is a permanent- ongoing position. I have a Master degree from Australia (Master of Information technology) and a bachelor degree from Venezuela (System Engineer).

I will appreciate any comment or help.

Congratulations.

Are you being sponsored for WTR by your employer, and is he accredited?

Hi JandM,

The company was accredited last year, but not this year. What do you think? I should apply for NZQA? Now I am worried for my medical check, NZ is very strict with the medical check! And I already submitted my resignation letter to my current job, I am feeling blue

As the accreditation has lapsed, then I think you'll have to get the IQA done. An accredited employer's decision that an employee is what they need will bypass that stage, but as he's not any longer, you'll have some hoops to jump through.

Hi JandM,

The company is registered. Now my question is, Should we follow "Long Term Skill Shortage List" – for people who have an offer of employment in an occupation on the Long Term Skill Shortage List or "Talent (Accredited Employers)" – for people who have a job offer from an employer who we have accredited to recruit staff from overseas.

which is less stressful or quicker? the different between them is that the "Long Term Skill Shortage List" in two years I could get the residence?

Thank you for your time...

When you say, 'The company is registered,' do you mean that it IS accredited now, after all?

What is your employer wanting to sponsor you for? They are experienced at this. It would be easier on you to go along with the system they are familiar with, probably.

What most people do is to get a work visa of some kind, to allow them to start work asap, because those visas can be processed quite quickly. But alongside this, or shortly after arriving and starting working, they apply for Residence under SMC, which can use a lot of the same evidence. If you get sponsored for WTR (which is the one that leads on to Residence after two years), you don't actually HAVE to wait out the two years before applying, if you already qualify to put in your EOI under SMC.