Thread: Temp Work Visa - Partnership

Default Temp Work Visa - Partnership

Hey All,

I have a SMC Res Visa in Situ - had originally included my partner on the EOI but excluded her when I submitted as she had been working out of Dubai for the previous year and would almost certainly have been declined. I am on a 1 year ESV and my partner has now joined me on a 3mth visitor visa. I am now hoping to enable her to apply for a partner work visa but still have concerns about not living together (for 1.5years) We have been together 5yrs - actually worked on temp visas in NZ together in 2013 as part of a round the world trip and certainly a genuine relationship.

Has anyone gone through a similar situation and can offer some advice? Basically I would like to know whether there would be a good enough chance of a visa being granted with no immediate proof of living together for the last year - although we are now living together. Would I be wasting my time and money - is it worth waiting for another 2-3mths to build proof or not? We have lots of evidence.

Thanks in advance

Josh

I would like to know whether there would be a good enough chance of a visa being granted with no immediate proof of living together for the last year - although we are now living together. Would I be wasting my time and money - is it worth waiting for another 2-3mths to build proof or not?
    Almost certainly there's NO chance of getting a visit immediately, yes, it would be a waste of money to try straight away, and yes, you need to build up some proof. When you submit towards the end of your partner's visitor's visa, THEN some of the old evidence will be useful background, but that's all it can be, since INZ have to look at the most recent time leading up to the application.