Thread: Going overseas while SMC is in progress

Default Going overseas while SMC is in progress

Hello

My partner currently has a SMC application in progress with INZ although it's taking a little longer than we expected and we had booked plane tickets early this year for his sister's graduation in a few weeks time. So my question is:
    Is it okay to go overseas while his application is in progress?

Yes, you can go but you must tell INZ what date you r going and when u coming back

I also went overseas while my SMC application is in progress. At that time no CO is assigned to my application. So I didn't inform INZ about my visit. But while in the overseas I got CO assigned and she wanted to have the interview. Then I informed her that I'm in abroad and asked a postponed date for the interview. Further, I also sent a scanned copy of my visa and return tickets as proof documents to indicate that I'm out of the country at that time and unable to have the interview.

Hi, I made about 5 overseas trips during my SMC application, but that could be tricky because you never know when tou CO will be assigned. They could ask for additional documents or arrange an interview and you will make a delay... but I think if your trip duration is about 1-2 weeks it doesn't change a lot!

Oh yeah It could be a little tricky in case his CO asks for more info. Thanks for the prompt response