Thread: Delays?

Default Delays?

Good Day - First I have to say THANK YOU for advice and direction over the last few months! I had written in to ask questions
    about moving from one employer to another while I have a work essential skills work visa in place for two years.

I left a position in Auckland for a job offer on the south island - I moved south on July 8 and had the job offer in place and the
    paperwork filed with INZ on July 21. I have medical issue with blood sugar numbers but other than that my medicals are GOOD
    and I take NO medication.

Almost three months down the track and my work visa has not come through. I am going through the Christchurch office now.
    Do you know of any extended delays happening in Christchurch? How worried should I be about the delay?

THANK YOU,

VOR630

Christchurch has been under more pressure than most of the NZ-based INZ offices for these last several years because of a) disruption of the actual office at the time of the earthquake, and b) the need to process visas for huge numbers of foreign workers brought in to help with the rebuild.

But also possibly causing your delay is the fact that the MAs have a substantial backlog right now. We've been told that they have recently gone over to a system where machines pick out the medicals for referral, and they haven't got the settings quite right yet. If the machine says 'refer', that medical gets referred, whereas the human understanding used by the previous system would not have sent it. The upshot is that far more medicals are being referred, and MAs are snowed under, with an 11-week wait at the moment.

On top of the information JandM provided, I would like to tell you that you should not worry too much because of high blood sugar levels. In most of the cases they do not raise any issue for high sugar levels. I know someone who got residency even though he was on insulin injections due to extremely high blood sugar.

Good luck

Thank you again for your response and thanks to vikusmile.! My wife and I may sleep tonight. Can't IMAGINE returning to the states at this time. What a mess!

Everyone will feel for you in your anxiety. But really, it's not just you. It'll come through.