Thread: Renting furniture

Default Renting furniture

HI all, quick question - we are trying to play our arrival date and trying to get it to coincide with our shipment arriving from the UK. Is there a company that lets you rent furniture/crockery etc for a few weeks/month?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Shumba View Post
    ...a company that lets you rent furniture/crockery etc for a few weeks/month...
    I never bothered and I arrived six months before my container arrived. Simply rented a furnitured property and become the best customer of "The Warehouse" for cheap priced bedding, kitchen equipment, and other household stuff.

Some of that cheap stuff is still being used while some has long since been deposed of.

Thank you - is it fairly easy to get short term rents them? i.e. 2 months?

Someone I know came over from South Africa and rented everything for the house from these people until their stuff arrived .

http://www.housepak.co.nz/index.html

Thank you! I have contacted them

We have never bothered. You live very basically for a few weeks and then your stuff arrives. What we have done whilst waiting for containers is just bring as much as possible in our luggage (cutlery, pans, towels, bedding) We bought cheap kitchen stuff (which we still use) and borrowed things off new colleagues such as air beds or bought a new mattress. We bought camping chairs and just made do. It's a bit like camping for 3 months. All you really need is cooking equipment, bedding and a mattress or air bed and some cheap chairs. Bring a laptop and you watch DVDS etc on that.

You can hire furniture from DTR. They are relatively cheap and their furniture is basic but solid. You'll need proof of earnings and/or a couple of references.