Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NZQA assessment- query

Default NZQA assessment- query

Dear friends - Greetings!!

This is Karunakar, working as ICT project manager and have 11+ years of experience. 5 years of work experience gained in comparable market[singapore] PLUS remaining experience in domicile countries including current company.

I hold Bachelor of commerce from Kuvempu university(specified outcome) AND Master of computer applications from Bangalore university(generic outcome) - with out any Note or caution given in the Report.

Initially, I claimed 160 points,but after ITA I tend to get 150 - Am I right here?

My project management experience is gained through experience and I am also certifications in PMP, PRINCE2 practitioner, however my certifications do fetch me points.

-I fall under 30-39 age group - confirmed points
    -11 years experience - confirmed points
    -Wife points IQA done with generic out come at level 9 - confirmed points
    - can I claim any bonus points for my specified outcome BCom ?

I am confused and need your help before making the final decision.
    ITA deadline date is 14 -Nov
    Medical is pending , otherwise all the stuff is ready as planned.

Thanks KK

For your work experience, the part which was not in Singapore, was the employer a multinational?

Did the specific outcome for your Bachelor of Commerce degree clearly state that it was equivalent to the Bachelor of Commerce (Computer Science) or (Information Management) or (Information Systems) or (Information Science) (NZQF Level 7) mentioned in the LTSSL list? If it did, you will be entitled to the bonus points for a qualification in an area of absolute skills shortage, and also the bonus points for work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage.

Yes JandM - all are MNC's

Your Bachelor of Commerce is from Kuvempu University has been compared to a Bachelor of commerce degree at level 7(360 credits) in New Zealand. This a specified outcome. This means that your qualification similar to the New Zealand qualification listed in the assessment outcome.

Thanks
    KK

Hi,

Since they said compared to a Bachelor degree. Am I missing something to ask them which NZQF it is compared to. Experts please advise.

Thanks KK

Hello friends,

I was checking some previous post and in one particular post similar to my case where Naveenkumar case was discussed, the NZ immigration has replied for AASS he cannot claim 10 points similar to mine .

But eye opener for me is AASS in comparable labour market 15 points , mine is 4.9 years in Singapore and past from 4 years I am working for MNC as Project manager. Can I claim this points? This will land me exactly at magical number 140.

- As India is not a comparable labour market to New Zealand you may only claim work experience points if you have work experience that meets requirements to claim AASS bonus points or if your work experience was undertaken for a multinational commercial entity that is domiciled in one of the countries listed in comparable labour market.

Hope to see positive reply from all well wishers.

Thanks
    KK

JandM & Karen - please help me

Sorry - your further questions have come through while I was off-line, a part of it during 'my' night-time. Don't forget members of the forum who may have answers can be in a different time-zone from you.

Another question from me. When you sent in for your IQA, did you send the form from Appendix B, or a letter, asking for your bachelor of commerce degree to be compared with the requirement for LTSSL for ICT project manager? (Just checking exactly what NZQA are telling you it is comparable with.)

If your bachelor's degree has been stated to be good for the LTSSL for ICT project manager, this unlocks the bonus points for qualification, AND the bonus points for work experience, in AASS. So in that case, you would get all available points for all your work experience, including the part that happened in India. But notice, if you get to the point of claiming that, you have to send evidence with your application that the companies functioning in India ARE multinational, stating their head office as your employer, rather than the local part. (There was someone just recently who had her ITA initially rejected on this point, having assumed that INZ would investigate and discover the connection - but they don't, unless the applicant gives them evidence to lead them.)

Morning and thanks for the reply JandM,

Firstly, I didn't send any letter for comparison. But I included all the company letters I worked for.

Secondly,
    2 years - Current company I work for is registered in Santa Clara, CA - office location in bangalore projects North American client
    2 years - Previous company is based in Hanover US - but work location in bangalore but all projects executed are for North American
    5 years in Singapore as Resident and work permit
    I hope if We show 6 years with CLM is suffecient.All the roles I played are on Appendix 4 and 6

I have requested companies to provide me work reference letters in prescribed form as below:
    Work references must state your start and finish dates, your position, average number of hours you worked per week, and the name, address and contact details of the employer.

These letters are on the way to reach me anytime from now tomorrow I plan to finish medicals

Am I on right path

Thanks
    KK
    Last edited by karunakar.s; 10th October 2015 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Additional informational

Still another question about your IQA. Did NZQA know you were applying as an ICT project manager?

I didn't mention it explicitly, but two of my experience letters show that I am project manager.

Thanks
    KK

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast