Thread: Resident visa- expired travel condition calculation: Please HELP

Default Resident visa- expired travel condition calculation: Please HELP

hi,

My wife has a resident visa and her first entry to NZ was 16th Feb 2014. As you know the condition is (Resident visa)....Visa valid for further travel for 24 month (s) from first arrival. Visa is invalid if holder is outside NZ with expired travel condition.

My question is exactly which date ( day) in Feb 2016 will be her expired travel condition? Because she has purchased a air ticket and she will leave NZ for holiday at the last week of October 2015 and re enter NZ exactly 14th Feb 2016.

Please HELP! don`t know at 14th Feb 2016 her travel date will expired or not and she will be then prohibited to enter in NZ at the airport immigration.

Hi,

Please check visa stamping sticker. It will have end date for the travel conditions.

Regards,
    Raju

Seriously, to be within just a day or two of the expiry date when intending to re-enter NZ is NOT a good idea. INZ are not allowed to take any excuses for late arrival. If there should happen to be bad weather stopping flying, or an technical problem with the aircraft so it ccouldn't take off, or your wife got ill and was not allowed to fly - all things that would not be her fault, and would be beyond her control - even so, if she arrived at the NZ airport even some MINUTES into the day after the expiry date, she would be refused entry, and she would have to stay out of NZ until she could have sorted things out. If she were a member of my family, I would be suggesting she should re-arrange her holiday flights, either to come back AT LEAST a week before the expiry date, or to put off the holiday till after she's got PR.

Can't she apply for an extension/new travel conditions? That is not a risk I would want to take!

Ah, that could be a possibility, depending on her circumstances. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...quirements.htm You can check the cost here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/ex...96DF2B84F2.htm

I am agree with Raju check her Visa Sticker that will work.