Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Immigration interview and medicals issue

Post Immigration interview and medicals issue

Hi,
    Application received- 13th Aug,2015
    CO assigned 2nd September,2015
    Employee and Employer Questionnaire both same day

I was asked to just submit IRD and Bank Statements and i replied by 7th Sep,2015 and i think my employer also replied around my date only after that CO haven't asked any more questions on my job

I made combined application for residency visa along with my partner and me as primary applicant for IT support position

INZ’s Medical Assessor has advised through CO for additional tests for my partner as she has iron deficiency on sep,2013 and we submitted by 2nd october.
    so, my question is will they ask take any interview for me ? or they just waiting for medical clearance i am not sure. can anyone let me know what can happen next? i am tensed on what may happen next?

You won't have a full interview with the CO, such as you may have heard or read about for some people, as that only happens for those who don't have a skilled job in NZ. The CO might possibly talk to you and/or your employer just to confirm details of your responsibilities at work.

I'm afraid you're in for a quite long wait for the MA's reply about your wife. The MAs have a queue of about 11 weeks at the moment. (There is a new system by which machines sort the medicals to be referred, and we have heard that they haven't got the settings quite right yet, with the result that many medicals are getting referred which the human judgement of the old system would not have sent. The MAs are snowed under, hence this backlog.)

It sounds as though the CO has been continuing doing the necessary with your case, verifying your evidence. S/He can't come to any conclusion until the medical comes back saying that your wife has an acceptable standard of health, though. When once the MA report is in, and all the evidence is verified, the CO will make a decision, then the whole file will be passed to another CO for second-person checking, to look for errors and to guard against the possibility of corruption. There can be a queue for second-person checking also. Quite long times will pass when you don't hear anything unless the CO needs to ask you anything. This is nothing to worry about.

Default processing times

Thanks JandM for replying about process, i think my CO already confirmed responsibilities at work through my Employer and in initial E-mail of my CO it was Written as "you can expect your application to be finalised within 8-10 weeks" .will it still take more time then that?

11 weeks really long however i understand we can't anything apart from sitting tight will this time applicable even for people who submitted more reports which are requested by MA after initial Assessment of medicals?

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    You won't have a full interview with the CO, such as you may have heard or read about for some people, as that only happens for those who don't have a skilled job in NZ. The CO might possibly talk to you and/or your employer just to confirm details of your responsibilities at work.

I'm afraid you're in for a quite long wait for the MA's reply about your wife. The MAs have a queue of about 11 weeks at the moment. (There is a new system by which machines sort the medicals to be referred, and we have heard that they haven't got the settings quite right yet, with the result that many medicals are getting referred which the human judgement of the old system would not have sent. The MAs are snowed under, hence this backlog.)

It sounds as though the CO has been continuing doing the necessary with your case, verifying your evidence. S/He can't come to any conclusion until the medical comes back saying that your wife has an acceptable standard of health, though. When once the MA report is in, and all the evidence is verified, the CO will make a decision, then the whole file will be passed to another CO for second-person checking, to look for errors and to guard against the possibility of corruption. There can be a queue for second-person checking also. Quite long times will pass when you don't hear anything unless the CO needs to ask you anything. This is nothing to worry about.

it was Written as "you can expect your application to be finalised within 8-10 weeks" .will it still take more time then that?
    INZ timings are always elastic, being only ever their best guess, not a promise. It may be longer than that, particularly given that the CO literally CANNOT do the final processes until the MA passes the medical.

I'm not sure about the turnaround time to expect when the MA is dealing with the extra information s/he has asked for. My feeling is that you shouldn't have an extra 11-week wait, but that's only a personal impression, nothing official. Is there someone out there who has had this experience since the backlogs started, please?

Anybody here with similar experience?

INZ timings are always elastic, being only ever their best guess, not a promise. It may be longer than that, particularly given that the CO literally CANNOT do the final processes until the MA passes the medical.

I'm not sure about the turnaround time to expect when the MA is dealing with the extra information s/he has asked for. My feeling is that you shouldn't have an extra 11-week wait, but that's only a personal impression, nothing official. Is there someone out there who has had this experience since the backlogs started, please?
    HI,
    Got update from my CO as below

"Your application has been deferred for a period of three months because of your partner medical condition

Your application is on hold until 20 January 2016.

Based on the medical assessor’s comments, we have placed your application on hold

until 20 January 2016. This allows your partner the time to have her condition treated.

Following the course of her treatment, you must provide us with a further medical report

which details the new status of her condition along with Full blood count, Ferritin and

Management update.

Your application will only be approved if the INZ Medical Assessor on consideration of

this report assesses your partner an acceptable standard of health and you continue

to meet all other requirements of the category under which you have applied"

In letter they also told me that I can take second opinion from Docter and send them any reports.
    This was letter i got from immigration and i took my partner to GP . GP suggested that its iron deficiency and can take upto 4-5 months max,GP but was not sure if it could be Treated by jan. currently medication is going on for my partner however would like to know what’s best suggestion? On below

1) Can i delete her from my residency application? I have claimed 60 points from her and I understand I will loose those points if I delete her from application , currently I have 210 points and I would like to launch separate application for her residency after she done with treatment( Iam primary applicant )

2) If I can delete her from application what Is the way to do that?

What visa is your partner on at the moment? I am thinking, if you take her off your application, and you are granted Residence a short time from now, that would mean that your present work visa ceases on that date. If she is on a partner-sponsored temporary work visa from that work visa, her visa would lapse at once. She would have to apply for another partner-sponsored temporary work visa to depend on your Residence visa, and there could be difficulties with that because of this present unsatisfactory Medical.

If the treatment has started, even if it isn't finished by that date in January, tests should be able to show that it is having an effect by then, which could then be sent to the MA.

What visa is your partner on at the moment? I am thinking, if you take her off your application, and you are granted Residence a short time from now, that would mean that your present work visa ceases on that date. If she is on a partner-sponsored temporary work visa from that work visa, her visa would lapse at once. She would have to apply for another partner-sponsored temporary work visa to depend on your Residence visa, and there could be difficulties with that because of this present unsatisfactory Medical.

If the treatment has started, even if it isn't finished by that date in January, tests should be able to show that it is having an effect by then, which could then be sent to the MA.
    HI,
    She is on partner sponsored 2 years work visa currently and would expire in june,2016 . so, your best suggestion is to wait until jan? and any other way?

The choices I can see are 1) leave it till January, and 2) take her off so your residence MAY get processed sooner.

But if you go for 2), as I said, as soon as your residence comes through, you would be taking her present visa away from her. And there could be problems with getting her another one.

The choices I can see are 1) leave it till January, and 2) take her off so your residence MAY get processed sooner.

But if you go for 2), as I said, as soon as your residence comes through, you would be taking her present visa away from her. And there could be problems with getting her another one.
    Thanks for reply, so, if i take her off residence will i go through any other verification on my job? or it will be just sent to 2nd person check? how long can it take for my residency from now?

regarding my partner visa if her work visa lapse as i get residency how much time immigration will give to my partner for applying of new temporary work visa based on my residency?

I am just trying to make correct time calculation so, that can make right decision

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast