Thread: Will the application be processed if...

Default Will the application be processed if...

Hi everyone,

I received ITA for residence visa today but will only get my police certificate (being processed in my home country) in early Nov. All other necessary documents for the application have been ready or can be done within a couple of days (eg taking photos).

My question is: If I will submit my application next week, saying that my police certificate will be submitted in Nov, then will my application be processed right away or INZ will leave it until they receive my police certificate?

I'm on a work visa which will expire in Feb 2016 so I just want to speed it up every week I could in order to avoid wasting time/money/effort on another work visa application before getting the residence visa.

Many thanks

Hi again,

I read the ITA letter and it told me to go to www.immigration.govt.nz/policecertificate to check requirement about police certificate. I found the following paragraph:

Exceptions
    You do not need to provide a police certificate:
    1. if you have provided a police certificate with a previous temporary entry visa that was made within 24 months of the date of issue of the police certificate, or 36 months for student applications.

2. if you hold a student visa and are applying for a subsequent student visa, and:
    are younger than 20 years, and
    held a student visa on your 17th birthday, and
    have held student visas (or interim visas with study conditions) continuously since turning 17.

I & my wife provided our police certificates last year in our 1st SMC residence visa application. Will it put ourselves into that exception?!

I think this will depend on exactly when last year your previous police checks were done. As you see from the regulations http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ertificate.htm, they don't mention carrying over a police check from one residence application to another. But it might be worth asking. (There aren't that many people who put in new residence applications as quickly as you are doing, so it might not have been worth putting in the regulations.)

Without some word from INZ that the old police checks would be all right, I would not try submitting the ITA without a medical certificate - they would not lodge it without that, any more than they would accept it without some other piece of the required evidence. You're saying you don't want to waste time, but a rejection would be a worse waste of time than just waiting for the new police checks.

Thanks JandM. I also got confirmation from an INZ officer that the mentioned exception applied for residence visa under partnership or dependent child but not for SMC. I don't get the logic behind that, but a rule is a rule and I have no choice but to comply.

good luck for this time tchu

Thanks Trang, I am in a much safer situation this time with a permanent contract with one of the biggest name companies in NZ.

Congrats!!!

Hi tchu, just want to have some of your advice on my situation. Can we exchange email? Tkx.

I am currently study in Australia, but in social work major (which is not include in LTSSL anymore). If my husband is not successful in PR NZ, then I think of going to study something in NZ to have a chance of getting PR after that.