Thread: Work visa medical referral

Unhappy Work visa medical referral

It's been exactly two months since my application was referred to a MA (medical assessor) and somehow it's in the queue still. Is anyone out there in the same boat as me?

It's put me in a very difficult situation as I've gone months without an income because I'm not allowed to work while the visa being processed (going from a student to a work visa). Do anyone know what to expect on such long delays?

Quote Originally Posted by vito View Post
    It's been exactly two months since my application was referred to a MA (medical assessor) and somehow it's in the queue still. Is anyone out there in the same boat as me?

It's put me in a very difficult situation as I've gone months without an income because I'm not allowed to work while the visa being processed (going from a student to a work visa). Do anyone know what to expect on such long delays?
    Seems to be very one having same issue with Medicals, as per JandM The MAs have a queue of about 11 weeks at the moment. (There is a new system by which machines sort the medicals to be referred, and we have heard that they haven't got the settings quite right yet, with the result that many medicals are getting referred which the human judgement of the old system would not have sent. The MAs are snowed under, hence this backlog.)

Even i am also in wait for medicals sadly however there is noting much we can do apart from sitting tight . hopefully your medicals can be cleared or may be get more comments as 8 weeks passed for you.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by rockstar View Post
    Seems to be very one having same issue with Medicals, as per JandM The MAs have a queue of about 11 weeks at the moment. (There is a new system by which machines sort the medicals to be referred, and we have heard that they haven't got the settings quite right yet, with the result that many medicals are getting referred which the human judgement of the old system would not have sent. The MAs are snowed under, hence this backlog.)

Even i am also in wait for medicals sadly however there is noting much we can do apart from sitting tight . hopefully your medicals can be cleared or may be get more comments as 8 weeks passed for you.

Thanks for your response, I was so stoked to see this. I still think that it's a bit unfair for us students to be restricted from working. Plus the 11 weeks timing doesn't seem reliable either because I every time I rang, the number just kept increasing. I'm sweating over the idea that there would be another glitch which could bring everything back to square 1. I tried to be positive, yet I can't help but to feel like I'm losing to the waiting game , which is almost impossible to win if you don't have an income. I feel like I'm not too far off asking them for my passport back so I can fly back home since my bank account is quickly draining. This would be heartbreaking because I have a kiwi girlfriend and we are both committed to a long term relationship. I feeling immigration should have had a plan b because this whole referral backlog thing is basically toying with peoples lives. Sorry for being so negative

Quote Originally Posted by vito View Post
    Thanks for your response, I was so stoked to see this. I still think that it's a bit unfair for us students to be restricted from working. Plus the 11 weeks timing doesn't seem reliable either because I every time I rang, the number just kept increasing. I'm sweating over the idea that there would be another glitch which could bring everything back to square 1. I tried to be positive, yet I can't help but to feel like I'm losing to the waiting game , which is almost impossible to win if you don't have an income. I feel like I'm not too far off asking them for my passport back so I can fly back home since my bank account is quickly draining. This would be heartbreaking because I have a kiwi girlfriend and we are both committed to a long term relationship. I feeling immigration should have had a plan b because this whole referral backlog thing is basically toying with peoples lives. Sorry for being so negative
    Do not loose your heart, i understand your frustration but everybody helpless . who knows that very soon you might hear from good news, anything can happen as you already waited for 8 weeks you are near to destination so, worth while to wait few more days before taking any decision