Thread: Should I submit a any other document from my company if I apply for work to residency Visa

Default Should I submit a any other document from my company if I apply for work to residency Visa

Hello Everyone,

I came to New Zealand in last November on Work Visa for one year to work at a customer location behalf of an Indian IT company. And my work visa is get extended for one more year here by my company. Now I am planning to apply for work to residency visa here as I am currently holding offer letter for one year. I am above to apply for EOI but before that I have a scary doubt raised by my colleagues.

If I asked to submit the documents for residency, the embassy also asks a supportive document from my company to support for my residency visa. In that case, I will be in a big problem as I am applying for the visa without knowing to my company. Please can any one clarify on this:

1. Should I submit any other document from my Company other than the offer letter?

Can you please clarify me ASAP.

I think your company should know your plan of applying to PR. It's not just about documents, later on INZ may call the manager to verify about your job. If he doesn't know that you're applying, he will go like "oh, what's that??!"

Quote Originally Posted by vikas00447 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I came to New Zealand in last November on Work Visa for one year to work at a customer location behalf of an Indian IT company. And my work visa is get extended for one more year here by my company. Now I am planning to apply for work to residency visa here as I am currently holding offer letter for one year. I am above to apply for EOI but before that I have a scary doubt raised by my colleagues.

If I asked to submit the documents for residency, the embassy also asks a supportive document from my company to support for my residency visa. In that case, I will be in a big problem as I am applying for the visa without knowing to my company. Please can any one clarify on this:

1. Should I submit any other document from my Company other than the offer letter?

Can you please clarify me ASAP.

You can't apply residency without knowing your company as per my knowledge as CO need to verify your job by talking with your employer and if your employer does not know then your character might get effected with your CO as well as your employer.

Best way is to be transparent .

Thank you so much for clarification.

Yes, my manager is well aware of my process and he is supporting me for the applying the residency but HR does not know about it. And if I requested for any further details, HR will not provide as they won't support it.

Finally, can I go to EOI if embassy does not ask any further documents directly from company except a call to my manager?
    Last edited by vikas00447; 12th October 2015 at 05:08 PM.

If your manager is the contact you have given INZ to talk to about your work, then you MAY POSSIBLY get away with going through the residence application. I can't help thinking that one way or another, it still could leak through to HR etc. somehow, though.

But you certainly can't go for WTR without being sponsored by the company, with an official form to be filled in, not like the reference and role/responsibilities letter that the manager could give you. WTR is a different kind of temporary work visa - you don't HAVE to go through that on the way to getting Residence.