Page 1 of 21 123 ... LastLast

Thread: exchange rate

Default exchange rate

I've been watching the exchange rate for a short time and today it just got to
    1 USD = 1.46022 NZD
    this is the best I've seen it, and blaa. I miss the days when it was 1 USD = 2 NZD or something like that back about 5 years ago wasn't it?

Today £1 = NZ$2.50933 - that's the worst I've seen it it was 2.53 the other day... 18 mths / 2yrs ago it was £1 = $3 !!! Looks like I'll have to keep my £ in the UK for that bit longer.....

When my OH came out with her mother for a reccie trip in November 2000 they got $3.63 to the pound - that's 45% more than you get today.

Needless to say they came back with the view that NZ was the cheapest place in the world to live!

The pound is falling against most currencies right now on news interest rates will be flat at best or decline so not so good for people from the UK. The NZ government really is trying to get the kiwi down relative to the US$ so I am hoping the rate will get better still. They are looking for around .60 US to the NZ$ does not mean it will happen but as long as US econ info is good and things are leveling off here in NZ the rate for US at least should improve.

I think if they raise US interest rates that should also help out CLG. I'd be thrilled with a .60 rate before we move next fall. Yes, I'm on the slow boat.

Its now 2.47, lowest I have seen it (typical we need some of our UK money at the mo!)

We've been watching it too. Arghhhh!! Is about all I can say. Unless it improves dramatically over the next three months we will be bringing very little £££ with us!

Debs

Hi Tigerlilly. If it helps, you can check the history of the exchange rate from as far back as 2000 to now in a quick chart at
    http://www.oanda.com/convert/fxhistory

Jessica

Sorry to say it's just hit $2.45 . Was told a short while ago by two financial people they would not bring GBP into NZ for another 18 months or so!
    Well our reccy trip is about that time so they better be on the ball. David

Thanks Jess! That was a great chart, and perhaps more depressing than I even realized. It's trading near it's 5 year low. Ugh.

Page 1 of 21 123 ... LastLast