Thread: Moving to Auckland

Default Moving to Auckland

Hi everyone, I will be moving across to Auckland sometime in November 2015 and have been looking for places to rent with good schools, places for kids to play etc...
    My kids are aged between 7 - 14 so I am looking at Primary, Intermediate and high school/college. I have looked at houses in the Macleans area and Papakura. Can anyone offer any advice? We are moving from rural Lancashire in the UK and would like to be closer to a town, within walking/cycle distance from schools. Thanks.

What do you, and your children, like to do? That might help people know what to recommend for you.

I have a job and need to be within 25 - 30miles of Auckland. My kids interests are - SKateboards, Scooters, Gymnastics, Dance & Drama. As a family we like long walks, Cinema, Eating out and generally exploring.

And where in Auckland is the job? Auckland is a huge area, and the road networks make some commutes easier than others.

The job is in the Manukau area (Wiri)

Please suggest good places near Auckland. Share your views to live in Takapuna in terms of schools, daily grocery needs, good and safe neighbour hood. Have to go to work plum Viaduct .