Thread: Partner Work Visa / Residency Visa - supporting documents

Default Partner Work Visa / Residency Visa - supporting documents

Hi

My partner is from NZ and I am currently on a 1-year partner work visa, I have lodged a residency application but my current visa expires next month

I phoned immigration today and they said that I should apply for another work visa as my residency application will not be processed in time - I have submitted ALL required evidence and support for the residency application

the immigration call centre officer was unsure as to whether i would have to submit supporting documents AGAIN for the work visa as she was unsure whether the files can be shared (as it is likely that my application will not go to the same person as my residency application went to)

does anybody know if i need to submit all evidence again and if so if i can submit the same evidence that i did for my residency application (that i submitted 3 months ago) as i am short on time...

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Ireland View Post
    Hi

My partner is from NZ and I am currently on a 1-year partner work visa, I have lodged a residency application but my current visa expires next month

I phoned immigration today and they said that I should apply for another work visa as my residency application will not be processed in time - I have submitted ALL required evidence and support for the residency application

the immigration call centre officer was unsure as to whether i would have to submit supporting documents AGAIN for the work visa as she was unsure whether the files can be shared (as it is likely that my application will not go to the same person as my residency application went to)

does anybody know if i need to submit all evidence again and if so if i can submit the same evidence that i did for my residency application (that i submitted 3 months ago) as i am short on time...

thank you
    I have exact Similar experience and just 2 months back.

Yes you need to apply for a second work visa and need to submit most of the documents again (If not all)

To be safe and save your $ 280 I would suggest you to keep your documents ready for second work visa and
    do not apply till second last week of expiry of your current visa. They will Give you interim visa in any case
    if they receive your work Visa file EVEN 2 DAYS before the expiry.

My Exp.:
    1. Applied for my Wife's residency exact 8.5 weeks before the expiry of her current Visa
    2. Got CO assigned after 4 weeks
    3. She asked for more relationship evidences
    4. Didn't hear anything from her for next 2 weeks.
    5. Kinda Nervous and called her if I should apply for another work visa and she said indeed yes, Do it today
    6. Kept my fingers crossed and waited for another 1 week in hope of getting Residency approved and to save money of another visa
    7. Didn't hear anything and then applied for Another work visa just 4 days before the expiry (Do not wait this long PLZ)
    8. They received file next day and assigned 6 months interim work Visa on the same day
    9. NOW I WAS WANTING THAT RESIDENCY SHOULD TAKE ANOTHER 1 MONTH TO JUSTIFY my 280 bucks
    10. Got a call from Case office right 5 days after and she took a brief general interview that how we met and got married
    11. Next day update on application that Residency is approved ...... Happy but not happy with those 280 bucks and hassle just for 1 week of Visa :/
    Last edited by gourav; 19th October 2015 at 01:10 PM.