Thread: no disclosable court outcomes

Default no disclosable court outcomes

Hi, all

I just would like to know that what "no disclosable court outcome" in national police certificate implying ( in Australia) ?

My case officer asked me to provide any/all charge or convictions because there are no disclosable court outcome.

Is that automatically recognized as a "negative meaning" ? I got fined because of over 5km speed driving (only one in my life ) but didnt declare as i hadd no idea this is conviction , is that why "no disclosable" ?

If someone never have been convictions, what the certificate will be stated ?

I have been told some good advice but want to make sure the meaning before reply to my case officer.

Anyone please help me.

Thank you

An AFP certificate normally states "no discloseable court outcomes" for a person who has no record. You minor speeding infringement is just that. It's not an offence and no record is retained. Infringements are different from offences and you would not normally need to disclose any of these to INZ. Just like you would not need to disclose a parking ticket. The scale above these is a "traffic offence", such as careless use or similar. Normally you would disclose these as you may have , or could have been summonsed to appear in court. In most cases, infringements are best dealt with by stating, "NO", to arrest charges or convictions, and added in the comments section "paid traffic infringements only"

Thank you for your informative advise, ChrisMwn. So how should I reply to the INZ ? Should I just simply mention about the speedy infringement ? ie) where, when, how much penalty... done the payment.. etc ?

How did you go with your reply? I have also been wondering if infringements need to be declared, there is something scary about ticking yes to the convictions question which im sure everyone would understand. Many say that in paying an infringement you are accepting guilt and are therefor convicted, but if you look up the meaning of convicted online it says to be found guilty by a jury in a court of law. I am in the same position for my partners next visa, she just received some fines in the mail for her car caught on camera doing some minor things like failing to stay in its own lane, I emailed the minister of immigration after receiving different advice from the immigration help line, police, immigration advisers, and immigration lawyers, so emailing the minister of immigration was my last resort, i received a reply from someone in his office o behalf of him and they said infringements do not need to be declared.